Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting a soft wash business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vimps

Hi everyone

I’m looking to start a soft wash business, I’m already running a window cleaning business so it feels like a good thing to offer as well. Does anyone have any experience on how to begin, what’s the best brand of chemicals to use, how long should you leave them on the surface before rinsing, what precautions should be taken with the chemicals?

Any advice is welcome!

I'd suggest going on a course and learn from someone that knows what you're asking rather than getting replies from self taught individuals on an Internet site.
Telling the HSE that the accident was because someone on this site told you it was safe to do it that way won't exactly reduce your fine or prison sentence.
The chemicals you will be using can kill animals, will kill plants and will damage you without proper knowledge and training.

I'd suggest going on a course and learn from someone that knows what you're asking rather than getting replies from self taught individuals on an Internet site.
Telling the HSE that the accident was because someone on this site told you it was safe to do it that way won't exactly reduce your fine or prison sentence.
The chemicals you will be using can kill animals, will kill plants and will damage you without proper knowledge and training.
Ok sounds scary, got any recommendations for where I can find a good course?

Hi everyone

I’m looking to start a soft wash business, I’m already running a window cleaning business so it feels like a good thing to offer as well. Does anyone have any experience on how to begin, what’s the best brand of chemicals to use, how long should you leave them on the surface before rinsing, what precautions should be taken with the chemicals?

Any advice is welcome!
Unfortunately it's not that easy to do due to the extremely high risks and associated chemicals.
I'd recommend doing an in depth course and training programme which will cost you dearly but the training will be beneficial

I've seen too many window cleaners jump straight in and splish splash hypo around and cause absolute havoc

One chap managed to kill off an entire trout farm when his run off from cleaning a country homes driveway entered a stream which fed the fishery

Another chap cleaned a school playground and he managed to destroy the eco system of a sewage treatment plant

You really need to get yourself on a Benz or softwash UK course

There is so much that needs to be understood and learnt

Safe storage and handling
Types of chemicals / classifications
Application methods or dosing
Dwell times
Types of drainage
Environmental protection and so on.......

Back