Straight Out Of The Box!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Stu., Nov 8, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Stu.

Stu. Newcomer

Name : Stuart

Cleaning Method : Wfp & dabbling at Trad (for indoors)

Years cleaning : Big fat Zero

Area :East

About me : Well I've been loitering around these forums for just over a month reading as much as is humanly possible before I attempted to start, and just wanted to start by saying you guys have been an absolute goldmine of information for me, so thanks...

I know a couple of guys who already Wfp also so have been in the lucky position of being able to grill them too (constantly) which has brought to to where I am now, officially starting next week.

I've got myself a Pure freedom Trolley (second hand) a 14ft Unger Fiberglass pole (off one of mt wfp buddies) An absolute steal on a 1000l IBC (delivered to my house for £20!!) and a new RO system from pure freedom.

​My Family love me right now as for the last week or so they have all had the living bejeesus cleaned out of their windows inside & out whilst I'm practicing like a loonie!! First time I think I got wetter than the windows & used Gallons upon Gallons of water. But I'm slowly getting better (still getting the odd bit of spotting though, think I'm not rinsing well enough)

So yesterday (felling massively nervous) I went canvassing on a few local streets ( I think my actual tongue stuck to my mouth & I just mumbled at the first person to answer the door) :Image1: But after that, thankfully, it got easier. There was several who already had a cleaner, did their own (so they said) etc. There were even a few that tried to get me to undercut their current cleaner (mercenary swines!, I politely refused saying that I wasn't out to steal anyone elses work) But the final upshot was I actually quite got into the canvassing by the end, had no grief of people (followed the good advice I've read on her, was polite, courteous & smiley to everyone) and have 6 jobs booked in for next week.

Small beginnings, but hopefully on wards & upwards.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramble & thanks again to you all for this wealth of information Forum

Stu

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Welcome stu hope it goes well mate and glad to see ya not forgetting a bit of trad.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hello & welcome Stu.

That just goes to show there is work to be had so well done to you :Image9:

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Think he'll fit in well. Sounds as raving as Andykarlaxxx

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best you vist my latest man flu post tuffers :Image13:

6. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum Stuart you seem a nice honest bloke you will fit in hear well

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

welcome Stu hope you pick up loads of work next week

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

gd price on your IBC tank well done!! was looking for ages for one

9. Stu.

Stu. Newcomer

Thanks for the welcome guys.
    Duncs, was actually quite funny. Got it from a local farm shop, the guy found it funny watching me trying (unsuccessfully) to shoehorn the tank into my mates little vw van, so he offered to load it in his & drop it off for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

welcome bud

Advertisement