Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Studio arts web design

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Most of these sites are similar as they all use Wordpress.
Mike at studio arts made mine it could do with updating a bit an definitively needs some SEO.

I had some one do SEO from here or the other forum I believe they probably done more harm than good and just copy and pasted loads of text.

The studio arts sites are cheap and affordable and Mike the owner is very easy to work with.He always responds to questions and gives good advice.

if you’re looking for something better then be prepared to pay.I’ve had quotes of 3k for a new one and I believe that’s not to bad in terms of price from a professional web design company.

It could do with some work and updates but mine is.

www.cghwindowcleaning.co.uk

Looks ok, surprised you have most of the pages indexed in google as there is loads of duplicate content. There are a few misspellings as well. The onsite SEO is not great needs a bit of work.

You can check how many pages you have indexed by using this search string in google. site:cghwindowcleaning.co.uk

You do have about 500 backlinks but your ahrefs DR rating is 4. So these must be low quality unless they are relatively new links.

Mike at studio arts made mine it could do with updating a bit an definitively needs some SEO.

I had some one do SEO from here or the other forum I believe they probably done more harm than good and just copy and pasted loads of text.

The studio arts sites are cheap and affordable and Mike the owner is very easy to work with.He always responds to questions and gives good advice.

if you’re looking for something better then be prepared to pay.I’ve had quotes of 3k for a new one and I believe that’s not to bad in terms of price from a professional web design company.

I really don't understand why you were getting quotes of 3k, I had a site built by a web guy I think 10 years ago it was about £350 then around 6-7 years ago I had a new theme/ build with a similar amount of content the written content can just be copied and pasted I paid less than £200 last week I went for a new theme and some tweaks and updates were needed I paid less than £200 that included the cost of the new theme I picked one of the most up to date in terms of latest WordPress version which I think is 6.0

The issue you have with a cheap guy as I found out is if they aren't doing updates and checking on the security of your website then your site could get hacked or crash, app and plugin updates are very easy to do through WordPress which you should have the login details to in order for you to make changes and do updates if someone else isn't which they should be doing and checking at least once a week as new updates become available

Your website looks okay I assume it's around 5 years old a new theme and some updates will make a lot of difference.

I'd post link to my website but I like to keep things private, if you want to have a look I can pm you a link

Looks ok, surprised you have most of the pages indexed in google as there is loads of duplicate content. There are a few misspellings as well. The onsite SEO is not great needs a bit of work.

You can check how many pages you have indexed by using this search string in google. site:cghwindowcleaning.co.uk

You do have about 500 backlinks but your ahrefs DR rating is 4. So these must be low quality unless they are relatively new links.
The seo was supposedly done from some one recommended on here that’s were the duplicate pages are from.
Do you do SEO and what are your costs?

please pm if this is something you do ?

thanks for your input appreciate the advice.

Very nice web site simple to navigate , fresh and modern I like it ?

Sites being nuilt on Wordpress is a pro not a con. They're more SEO friendly and arguably the most straightforward to edit/update for owners with no tech skills without having to pay a developer every time.
I agree with @Pjj that it looks smart and @Andy's PPC is right about duplicate content. From what I've seen the location pages are exact copies with only the location changed. The actual content isn't bad but it's not good or properly optimised.
SEO issues are many not least of which is what is the target keyword? To use the Hertford page as an example 'Window cleaning' is used twice in the title tag which is what appears in search results and = keyword stuffing. Google will take this to be the target but it's then not used in the URL or H1. Should be one H1 ONLY per page and there are 3.
Various other things and finally in the footer links I'm sure if you check out mobile rendering in Search Console there will be something about clickable links too close together. Personally I wouldn't have them there anyway but side by side like that makes them difficult to use on a mobile.
And as for 3 grand for a site, I agree with @Iron Giant - that is taking the proverbial. Local service businesses don't need anything complicated and for that sort of money I'd expect it to be filled with unique content of the highest quality and perfect SEO to say the least.

Sites being nuilt on Wordpress is a pro not a con. They're more SEO friendly and arguably the most straightforward to edit/update for owners with no tech skills without having to pay a developer every time.
I agree with @Pjj that it looks smart and @Andy's PPC is right about duplicate content. From what I've seen the location pages are exact copies with only the location changed. The actual content isn't bad but it's not good or properly optimised.
SEO issues are many not least of which is what is the target keyword? To use the Hertford page as an example 'Window cleaning' is used twice in the title tag which is what appears in search results and = keyword stuffing. Google will take this to be the target but it's then not used in the URL or H1. Should be one H1 ONLY per page and there are 3.
Various other things and finally in the footer links I'm sure if you check out mobile rendering in Search Console there will be something about clickable links too close together. Personally I wouldn't have them there anyway but side by side like that makes them difficult to use on a mobile.
And as for 3 grand for a site, I agree with @Iron Giant - that is taking the proverbial. Local service businesses don't need anything complicated and for that sort of money I'd expect it to be filled with unique content of the highest quality and perfect SEO to say the least.
Lol this is like trying to read a foreign language to me ??? haven’t got a clue about any of it

Lol this is like trying to read a foreign language to me ??? haven’t got a clue about any of it
It's a bit like me with window cleaning when I first came on here a couple of years ago. It was all confusing but reading what you lot have said and asking questions I learned.
You can learn web stuff if you want.

Never had a web site , have found enough comes in by recommendations and people seeing the van which is my advert being half wrapped. I can see it gets you out there my son has offered to do one for me he is in IT but can’t see the point but I probably would if I was just starting any thing then to get work

I very much doubt that :ROFLMAO:
Lots of it is very simple. One thing to remember is that Googles 'spiders' can only read text (I'm simplifying) so any image needs to have text (filenames, alt text and descriptions all telling google what the image is) so google knows what it's about. Similar with page names and titles. Most on page (what can be seen on the screen and the text behind it) is fairly straight forward. It's just about letting google know what the page is about and trying to make google see you as a local expert in your field.

The above is like saying get pure water and use a brush on a pole to clean windows - i.e. it is what we do but not the details of the whole process.

Lots of it is very simple. One thing to remember is that Googles 'spiders' can only read text (I'm simplifying) so any image needs to have text (filenames, alt text and descriptions all telling google what the image is) so google knows what it's about. Similar with page names and titles. Most on page (what can be seen on the screen and the text behind it) is fairly straight forward. It's just about letting google know what the page is about and trying to make google see you as a local expert in your field.

The above is like saying get pure water and use a brush on a pole to clean windows - i.e. it is what we do but not the details of the whole process.
Says Rocket Man?

I have watched videos mate online looks to me like coding aka hieroglyphics 1,000's of years later I still ain't figured those out, I'll stick to the simple stuff like changing text

But hey, at least you won't need a degree in rocket science to update your website, right?

Latest Posts

Back