Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Suggestions on trolley systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It saves bending and lifting and pouring water all day long refilling a Gardiners backpack up.. Plus like what Den says it fits better down back entries or drives where cars are parked up or narrow entries where wheelie bins are left plus with the P/F remote control option you safe water and again it saves you bending to switch it on and off. After a while you will just look for the easiest option that makes you work faster and make more cash. The Gardiners back pack is great I had to put my van in garage the other day and I used the back pack for 25 houses but i would not want to do that day in day out and Im very used to lifting heavy weight all day....

If any job requires a backpack I'm out I can't be doing with lifting stuff out of the van other than a pole. 
Book you right ? however I do have to use trolley system on block of flat due to trialing hoses however  there is 8 flats I do privately out of approx 20, 4 windows to each flat and have a minimum charge for each flat takes approx 30 to 35 minutes in total £80 smackers. 

Book you right ? however I do have to use trolley system on block of flat due to trialing hoses however  there is 8 flats I do privately out of approx 20, 4 windows to each flat and have a minimum charge for each flat takes approx 30 to 35 minutes in total £80 smackers. 
I wouldn't drop those jobs Den, I am just getting picky and have culled jobs without straightforward access anywhere as in parking P.I.A faffing on with hose to much, god I am getting picky and narky ?

I wouldn't drop those jobs Den, I am just getting picky and have culled jobs without straightforward access anywhere as in parking P.I.A faffing on with hose to much, god I am getting picky and narky ?
I’m the same nowadays ?

I got one custy with a tight driveway.. .although i get my backpack and telescopic trolley down there, it's always a pain and i find myself thinking "if only i had a long reel i wouldn't need to drag this down here.."

Horses for courses as they say.

Personally i love my little back pack trolley setup. That back pack from Gardiner may well be cheap but it's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. It's the cheap way into WC and being your own boss. Yes a van would be great but with Covid and the 2nd wave due i don't dare spend the money on that at present. I might treat myself to a hose and reel though. Then i could leave the pack in the boot and just work like a vanner..
I've got about 70 foot of pole hose that I connect to the backpack. No need to take the backpack to the back of the house (unless it's a very large property). Set the backpack between two houses and I can get all the tops done (and small ground floor windows) on both houses without moving it.

Trad clean all the large ground floor windows. My preferred method. Saves a lot of pure water and by the time I've finished, I'd I've got enough work in the road, quite often all the upstairs glass is dry so I don't tend to get too many daft comments about "why is the glass still wet"?

I’ve been using the Gardiner v3 backpack on a Wolfcraft trolley for about 5 years now. IME the trolley is the key thing, as cheap £20 trolleys snap on the wheel moulds. The Wolfcraft trolley is £70 but will last for years. I also carry 20 litre containers, and 10m of hose. I use a univalve to save water. IMO the Gardiner backpack on a trolley is the best way to go for a trolley system, provided you can produce or buy pure water. Having said all that, this past week i’ve installed a van mounted system (photo attached) lol. The 20 litre containers were doing my back in. 

D4E5385A-A9D7-47C2-A822-1B7514E5F01C.jpeg

Back