Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking payments over the phone best platform?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use many different payment options, stripe, GoCardless that work well with my Xero book keeping programme. BACs info on my invoice to. I have a card reader from worldpay same as you see in the shops, contactless and all that but you can take payment over the phone to. It’s a mobile one so has a SIM card that uses all networks and wifi. Pay as you go. Cost me £230 and then I get charged per transaction no monthly fee. Doesn’t connect to your phone so customers will have confidence in it as it’s the same as ones seen in shops like tesco etc

I use many different payment options, stripe, GoCardless that work well with my Xero book keeping programme. BACs info on my invoice to. I have a card reader from worldpay same as you see in the shops, contactless and all that but you can take payment over the phone to. It’s a mobile one so has a SIM card that uses all networks and wifi. Pay as you go. Cost me £230 and then I get charged per transaction no monthly fee. Doesn’t connect to your phone so customers will have confidence in it as it’s the same as ones seen in shops like tesco etc
This sounds good worldpay? £230 no monthly fee more then sumup initially however the ability to take payments over the phone what's the transaction fee sumup for example is 1.69 if tapped etc.

Can anyone recommend a platform that's able to process payments over the phone via voice? Sumup we have but doesn't provide that service. I've heard of stripe is it? Do they also by any chance do a reoccurring charge ?

Totally aware of gocardless we have a fair amount on that.

But I just stage just want the facility to take payments over the phone and if you can somehow make them reoccurring that will be even better.

Any suggestions please let me know!
i use SumUp too AND YOU CAN TAKE CARD PAYMENTS OVER THE PHONE... via the virtual terminal on the phone app...

most of my customers pay by BACS but i get the odd one that phone me(or vice versa)to pay their bill over the phone...SumUP charge a 3% transaction fee plus 20p which i think is expensive but its only used a few times a month....

Worldpay fee is 1.75% per transaction no monthly fee for me on pay as you go. Best to give them a ring. If you know how much you take on card they will tell you the best deal. I was starting up so had no data. 

probably best to shop around and get some quotes. Worldpay is cracking for support.

Sounds like you got a cracking deal with Worldpay @crystalcleanwindows, on their own website they state 2.75% + 20p fee, oh and a £19 per month set up. Every time I've looked into card readers them and barclaycard have always quoted me similar. How did you get that sort of rate?

With regards to the mobile readers, I've never had a customer question it. The level of professionalism you get from Worldpay etc isn't worth it at the fees I've been quoted. The mobile readers are becoming more and more common now and people recognise them in my experience.

Worldpay fee is 1.75% per transaction no monthly fee for me on pay as you go. Best to give them a ring. If you know how much you take on card they will tell you the best deal. I was starting up so had no data. 

probably best to shop around and get some quotes. Worldpay is cracking for support.
SumUp is slightly cheaper than that if customers are paying with their card in person(1.69%)

Not sure if it helps but i have an invoice from worldpay £1.57 for taking £55 card payments and no monthly fee. I think whatever card reader you use will be handy. Stripe, GoCardless etc they all take their cut. But if it keeps the cash flowing it is worth it.

Back