Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Day Changing Over To Wfp On Monday Any Tips

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D3lboy

As above really

Just got my system up and running

First day Monday and nerves I'll do it wrong

And leave massive streak and stuff lol

What was your first day like on the pole

And any tips /emoticons/wink.png

Cheers del

I feel the same as you, I mean I am NOT converting, to wfp but there is a few houses which would benefit from it, funny roofs etc at the front, and upstairs back of house cant be done on a ladder cause of conservatory!

I keep telling myself, if I do change over that one house(a couple on a street) I tell myself I have to gain experience, its the only way!

I practiced on my house up until I went for the plunge. Take your time, don't panic, be prepared not to get as much done in a day for the first few weeks.

Oh, and get the Mrs to run a hot bath for you when you get home. You're gonna ache kid!

What i did when i was unsure was to stay at the house until dry or nearly to make sure it was ok.

time consuming but to start with is the best way to know and learn.

if its ok next time you`ll be round it in 5 - 10 minutes

I have told my customers that I'm moving over and gave them a letter explaining about the new system

And that it may take a few cleans to get good results

I'm sitting here worried thinking have I done the right think lol

Will be a bonus not having not to use ladders and much safer

But last thing I want o do is lose customers

I know I may lose some

I've even said give me 3 cleans to get the windows right

If not I'll go back to doing there windows trad way

I practiced on my house up until I went for the plunge. Take your time, don't panic, be prepared not to get as much done in a day for the first few weeks.
Oh, and get the Mrs to run a hot bath for you when you get home. You're gonna ache kid!
Cheers buddy

Don't mine aching will be a lot of weight off my ladder legs /emoticons/smile.png

I know it's just getting use to it

Just hope it goes well Monday and the rest of the week /emoticons/smile.png

rinse rinse rinse when u first start out with wfp. then as time goes on you can get cocky like me and save on water because you have learnt whats right and wrong. /emoticons/smile.png i also find when i rinse if you turn the brush this way up >>> I it rinses better to this way up _ or i angle it this direction / then you get a good flow down the glass. i always start at the top of the frames and work down, MISS AIR VENTS LIKE THE PLAGUE

for any that you lose you`ll pick up plenty more. it`s a 2 way street some prefer some don`t, once you start doing it this way all the time you wont have to explain anything as the new customers will see you doing it this way.

What i did when i was unsure was to stay at the house until dry or nearly to make sure it was ok.
time consuming but to start with is the best way to know and learn.

if its ok next time you`ll be round it in 5 - 10 minutes
I have lots of houses in a row Monday so I may just pop back to the first to check /emoticons/smile.png cheers

rinse rinse rinse when u first start out with wfp. then as time goes on you can get cocky like me and save on water because you have learnt whats right and wrong. /emoticons/smile.png i also find when i rinse if you turn the brush this way up >>> I it rinses better to this way up _ or i angle it this direction / then you get a good flow down the glass. i always start at the top of the frames and work down, MISS AIR VENTS LIKE THE PLAGUE
Thanks buddy I will rinse rinse rinse /emoticons/smile.png

And thanks for the tips

for any that you lose you`ll pick up plenty more. it`s a 2 way street some prefer some don`t, once you start doing it this way all the time you wont have to explain anything as the new customers will see you doing it this way.
Yea your right I hope to get a lot more customers over the next 12 months As long as things pick up

How many standard 3 bed houses can you get out of a 25l drum

As I have a trolley system

And what spare parts are a must to have

Cheers

As above reallyJust got my system up and running

First day Monday and nerves I'll do it wrong

And leave massive streak and stuff lol

What was your first day like on the pole

And any tips /emoticons/wink.png

Cheers del
As been said try it out on your own house first a couple of times and your neighbours if they dont mind! i would only do customers houses when i was confident to do so!
If you make a mess and you could loose them faster than you got them!

How many standard 3 bed houses can you get out of a 25l drumAs I have a trolley system

And what spare parts are a must to have

Cheers
On a first clean could just be the one!

One more thing. After a while you'll wonder why you didn't change over earlier. I get through my work a hell of a lot faster now.

@ JDMW that rinse method works for me too. A reputation point for that one /emoticons/smile.png

As been said try it out on your own house first a couple of times and your neighbours if they dont mind! i would only do customers houses when i was confident to do so!
If you make a mess and you could loose them faster than you got them!
I have try mine , mothers, inlaws

And they say it's fine

I see some dry marks

But I'm guessing I'm just wanting it to work first clean

One more thing. After a while you'll wonder why you didn't change over earlier. I get through my work a hell of a lot faster now.
@ JDMW that rinse method works for me too. A reputation point for that one /emoticons/smile.png
I hope so tuffers /emoticons/smile.png

ohh it might help if its raining, some ppl say u cant clean in the rain coz windows get dirty and i say ******** lol when i started out i remember it clearly to this day. rain rain rain and ice haha. try collecting rain water its good for cleaning. if customers ask tho just tell them its filtered water and takes hours to make. that way they feel special haha

I practised on my own and family house for a few weeks before I let myself loose on customers.. There isn't many great videos on YouTube so I really had no idea and just taught myself.

I recommend getting some practise definitely before going to do customers.. Give all frames a good good scrub even if you have been cleaning them trad.. Scrub glass, glass won't need loads of scrubbing if you have been trad'n them.. Give the frames and glass a good rinse.. Do this on all windows.. Then go back give glass a quick scrub again, rinse 2" under the top frame.. Time consuming, but next time will be quicker.. By 3rd time you'll be flying through them.

You be fine mate I bought my round three years ago with no window cleaning experience what so ever and now my round is alot bigger

i find that homes which used to be trad were always harder to clean coz soap always came out from under the rubbers on the glass each time i cleaned them but after about 4-6 cleans the soap vanished. you may get soap but just rinse well

Latest Posts

Back