Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk hybrid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thinking about it i could do my mum and dads patio doors instead, two doors which haven't been cleaned for at least 4-5 months, what do you reckon?

I will be happy to try your selection of brushes and give my honest comments on here.Send me a pm and I will give you the postal address for the trial brushes to be sent to :rolleyes:

Your welcome to try any brush you like smurf, but my customer have to pay and I don’t see why you should get special treatment.

You would be MUCH better off to have your brushes mass produced, I can only assume low volume sales prevents an economical prospect for this? There is no reason whatsoever why your brushes should suffer in quality via a higher production level, if you are able to offer up a decent enough volume you would get the exact quality you require- if you go about it the right way. Unless your brushes are 100% better than the competition then they'll struggle to command a 100% higher purchase value.

For you, it’s, easier said than done; for me, it’s, easier done than said, because I have gone down the road of developing a product, so now; I have a lot of experience.

I appreciate you comments, and you are correct in much you say here, even though, I don’t think you really understand the details. Quality, this can only be fully controlled in house, even though I do at times try what you say, it will never be 100% outsourced

I have the resources to ramp up production, but, there is still the time element to do this and increased cost. Even to go from 1,000 brushes per year to 4,000, would mean a lot of reorganising, equipment, materials, parts, storage and workspace, and packaging, that’s just a few things.

I will take on board some of the things you suggest, as a some brushes are re-sold in the UK by a few window cleaners selling locally for 100% on top of the retail price, and the price overseas is again about 100% more in the UK.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I tell you what, i'm off this week. If i get a chance i will do a vid, i have one particular window on my house which gets dirtier than the others.
What i'll do out of interest is do one half with the tecbuk and the other with a gardiners, and to see if there is a difference i will do one pass of each stroke and rinse instead of doing two or three passes on the same bit of glass.

Which gardiners should i use? Medium mixed sill, medium mixed superlite or medium hybrid?
Medium mixed sill, I've got the standard issue one that does a good job, but would like to see the sill against the tecbuk.that's my vote :thumbsup:

From reading it seems a good brush and I'm swaying towards this brush but is it worth the extra money as it's twice the price ?

Go for it as is only money and if you don't like for what ever reason you could flog it on fleebay maybe.

From reading it seems a good brush and I'm swaying towards this brush but is it worth the extra money as it's twice the price ?
Its not twice the price bud,

By the time you have added a socket and added vat and then postage there's only something like a tenner in it.

Personally if i was you i would choose one and get it, you wont be disappointed either way, then get the other shortly after so you have both. There is nothing like having different tools for different jobs

What type of work have you got and what frequency are doing it?

Just use a Gardiners 45 deg socket and redrill the holes, that's what I've had to do on mine to fit a quick loc socket

Just use a Gardiners 45 deg socket and redrill the holes, that's what I've had to do on mine to fit a quick loc socket
Off topic here but my brother lives in braintree, and his eldest daughter's boyfriend is part of a window cleaning family!!!!!!! Not one of yours by any chance lol

Off topic here but my brother lives in braintree, and his eldest daughter's boyfriend is part of a window cleaning family!!!!!!! Not one of yours by any chance lol
No not me. What's their name I might know him.

Ye think I'm just gonna get one and get the 45 deg socket and redrill like you said its mainly new work at the moment but don't want the full boars hair one so thought the hybrid would suit best

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one & let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

Ye think I'm just gonna get one and get the 45 deb socket and redrill like u mainly new work at the moment but don't want the full boars hair one so thought the hybrid would suit best

You are after that free brush after all /emoticons/biggrin.png

the hibrid is the best all round^^^=pure scrubing power quicker cleaning increasec proffet:thumbsup:

i do think a hard working grafting windy on here should get to test the brush for all of us lurkers waiting to buy.../emoticons/biggrin.png i do believe its called a loss lead....as in the end ...more sales come through...

Hi all

Just ordered one!! Thanks Keir for the review (was it a review??)

What working Temperature do these brushes go up to?

Alright dunner, yeah sort of, more like my findings.

I highly recommend fitting fan jets to the brush.

Back