the 1st meet /intro

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Aug 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

what dyou say on 1st meeting a prospective customer?

if its a male i tend to say "awrite Chief "

its a real winner/i knew a lad who said it yrs ago and it always got me smiling so i use it now,works well

other line i often hear in kebab shops is "hello boss " which is quite like if it has a smile with it

but when i came across the kebab "hello boss" man offduty in a nearby offlicence i said hi to him ,hoping to hear the hello boss line but he totally blanked me and looked at me like i was a sh///t street beggar !

Advertisement
  2. Damo

Damo Guru

Please sir can I have some more.

3. Tell them whatever I think they want to hear.

4. TolishAPurd

Its a nice area around here so I usually use the name of the person, but I can't stand using Mr ______. Even if they only give me their second name, I quickly get it to a first name basis. If someone doesnt like that, they can go elsewhere. Only exception is very old folk. I sometimes call them sir. Say the sir quickly, and make the r short, and it doesn't sound **** kissy.

5. norm

norm Grand Master

show me the money :laugh:

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

"sah " can sound good [instead of sir ] has a sortof colonial charwallah air to it , yes sah

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Oi you capitalist b@stard, open your vault! :D

8. TolishAPurd

Yep
    Yep that's pretty much it. Gives a tone of respect without making them feel too superior.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

"SAH" sounds like the army

I'll stick with ello mate or alright sweetheart

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I also do the yes sir, hello dear how are you hun?

Do remember that this is a game for the older crew here, I personally am early 40s ish......

I had a 20 year old scrawny lad working for me that used to try to mimic me when talking to customers, to see this boy calling 80 year old women sweetheart, darling etc was just outright creepy.

You should be respectful, you go to a restaurant or a garage for a service etc you expect to hear 'yes sir' so why shouldn't your customers?

Advertisement