Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Great Pole Revolt

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As someone who is on the frontline dealing directly with prospective new customers daily, Ive been finding alot more of this statement popping up

"I dont like the pole, it doesn't clean it properly"

More so in some areas than others. Now I've got my own theory about this, but just wondering if

A: If anyone else has had this recently ?

B: What is your responses to the customer ?

Its a worrying trend, as 5 years ago when the pole was still not too common Id have whole streets dumping their long standing cleaners to have it, and now if I say its done trad they are all over me.

Whats your thoughts ?
When I was trad i took jobs off other trad guys because they were poor and did things on the cheap.
If your a quality cleaner your a quality cleaner which ever method is used.

Poor trades men always make customers weary of a service provided, once they get a good one they stick with them.

My honest opinion is thus: half of the time there's no noticeable difference in the quality of the work, 25% trad looks better, 25% wfp looks better. I find customers biggest complaint at wfp is leaving windows wet, I've had a few cancellations saying leaving it like that leaves dirt etc, but they've always said it the first time there in when I do them, I bite my tongue but wonder why it's taken them 4 years to cancel! Must admit, I wasn't keen on leaving them wet for a while, even searched for something that would make the water evaporate faster!
It wouldn't bother me to drive a pink van, but then other people's opinions don't bother me, and believe me, I'm straight as an arrow. Used to wear a cowboy hat till it blew away, my t shirt looks like something the incredible hulk threw out, need another! And I'm seriously considering wearing a star trek uniform for work, captain kirk style.
Lol that is like to see chip turning up to clean my windows in a pink van wearing a cowboy hat.

Altogether now - its fun to stay at the ----

You get good & bad in any trade so have to take it all with a pinch of salt. Best form of new work is through recommendation I say so get your customers to tell everyone how great you are. Works for me :Image9:

Back