Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The ultimate kit?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lol might of been working hard because of the ecover, blue skys and few clouds today are the kind of days that really make me appreciate being a window cleaner /emoticons/smile.png

I was pretty gutted to tell you the truth used it for half the day 5l of water I squirted a bit in the bucket didn't work to good but we had a frost so assumed the cold was playing me up lol. Best description I have is it left the water behind and took the suds away so I added a bit more ecover still the same added some flash still the same repeated the process having to wipe pretty much every piece of glass. In the end I poured the water away and decided to use morning fresh with flash which worked so much better with the flash in the bucket think I need to spend some time with ecover at home when I have some free time. Good day thou weather was brilliant in the end I was just in my polo shirt first warm day of the year /emoticons/smile.png after the frost.
Next time, apply it to your squeegee. Rub it in well, and you'll have more suds then a suddsy thing.

I was pretty gutted to tell you the truth used it for half the day 5l of water I squirted a bit in the bucket didn't work to good but we had a frost so assumed the cold was playing me up lol. Best description I have is it left the water behind and took the suds away so I added a bit more ecover still the same added some flash still the same repeated the process having to wipe pretty much every piece of glass. In the end I poured the water away and decided to use morning fresh with flash which worked so much better with the flash in the bucket think I need to spend some time with ecover at home when I have some free time. Good day thou weather was brilliant in the end I was just in my polo shirt first warm day of the year /emoticons/smile.png after the frost.
Did you put enough ecover In?. I have recently changed from fairy to ecover and found you need to probably use twice as much ecover. I think it gives a better glide. I have had a few problems with a few marks of late. Squeegeeitis!. I am going to try a different squeegee to see if things differ.

Did you put enough ecover In?. I have recently changed from fairy to ecover and found you need to probably use twice as much ecover. I think it gives a better glide. I have had a few problems with a few marks of late. Squeegeeitis!. I am going to try a different squeegee to see if things differ.
Yeah I kept squirting it in, in the end there was about half a bottle Of ecover in the bucket I'll have a mess with my own windows tomorrow as only my mum can complain and she does enough of that as it is. Much prefer green morning fresh thou.

Oops, I meant add it to your tbar, not squeegee. Taytays right about adding more, its not as potent at fairy/similar. Like anything you just need to get used to it. Once you do, I am sure you'll like it. Add vinegar, and you'll be amazed.

I went too far tuffers, by wearing long johns. Betty Swallocks came to town!
I never even got in to long Johns this year been in the car since November knowing my luck I'll take them out and it'll be cold enough for them. I find wearing less cloths makes me work harder and keeps me warm.

Oops, I meant add it to your tbar, not squeegee. Taytays right about adding more, its not as potent at fairy/similar. Like anything you just need to get used to it. Once you do, I am sure you'll like it. Add vinegar, and you'll be amazed.
To the bar itself or to sleeve? I'm not giving up yet as I bought 5 bottles of it lol

I never even got in to long Johns this year been in the car since November knowing my luck I'll take them out and it'll be cold enough for them. I find wearing less cloths makes me work harder and keeps me warm.
Joshua, what squeegee do you use?

To the bar itself or to sleeve? I'm not giving up yet as I bought 5 bottles of it lol
Now you're just taking the p*$$. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Heres how I use the ecover;

Buy an unger bottle pouch

Get yourself an empty bottle to fit inside it (I use the mini ecover bottles)

Take your empty small bottle and give it a 2 second squirt of ecover

Add about the same amount of vinegar

Top the bottle up with water. (you'll need to do this slowly or you'll have a mini foam party...and a bottle full of bubbles)

In the morning wash your....applicator sleeve....with warm water and a small stripe of ecover

Lasther it up with your hand and give it a bit of a rinse off with clean water

Squeeze most of the water and suds off but leave the applicator wet before it goes in the boab.

Once you get to your first window, put a stripe of the premixed solution on your applicator, and get to work.

Reapply a couple of stripes as and when the applicator gets a little dry.

If the applicator starts to get a bit dirty, give it a quick rinse under a garden tap, squeeze the water off, and you are good to go again.

Note:

On first cleans its worth having a bucket handy just for the purpose of rinsing off the applicator. Other then that, I never carry a bucket full of water anywhere. Perfect suds every time, and one squirt of ecover can last more then a days worth of cleaning.

Hope that helps

Wow that's completely different I carry the bucket around all day fill my hip bucket up with a jug usually lasts to one house, I don't think my sleeve holds water very well thou replace it every year I use them ettore golden sleeves. I will give your method and the ecover another go on wednesday, fencing tomorrow /emoticons/smile.png

the naked window cleaner

work ya ****** off:D

Take your empty small bottle and give it a 2 second squirt of ecover

Add about the same amount of vinegar

Top the bottle up with water. (you'll need to do this slowly or you'll have a mini foam party...and a bottle full of bubbles)
Put the water into the bottle first and then add the Ecover/Vinegar (I use Ecover/Flash), put the top or spray-head back on, give a little shake to mix it up and....

hey-ho no foam party /emoticons/wink.png.

Put the water into the bottle first and then add the Ecover/Vinegar (I use Ecover/Flash), put the top or spray-head back on, give a little shake to mix it up and....hey-ho no foam party /emoticons/wink.png.
Hopefully give it ago Tomorrow had a long day today fitting fence panels destroying his garden finishing touches to the destruction tomorrow /emoticons/wink.png

yeh that storm is a pain for leaving marks....

Latest Posts

Back