Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Windymobile is complete! Ready for my first clients tomorrow!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Where there’s a will there’s a way well done ? hope you pick up plenty more customers soon.

I used a mix of dropping leaflets and then canvassing them a week later and also Facebook. I use a map of my ‘South Trowbridge Round’ showing where I cover in that area. Little do people know it’s the only area I serve right now not being a driver! So keeps my round condensed.

I have 8 confirmed clients! Mostly on 4 weekly. Which is a good start I’d say for a one day a week part timer.

I used a mix of dropping leaflets and then canvassing them a week later and also Facebook. I use a map of my ‘South Trowbridge Round’ showing where I cover in that area. Little do people know it’s the only area I serve right now not being a driver! So keeps my round condensed.

I have 8 confirmed clients! Mostly on 4 weekly. Which is a good start I’d say for a one day a week part timer.

I did my first job today, a neighbours. Took a lot longer than expected because the windows had not been cleaned for many years, also had a decent size conservatory.

I do not have any other clients. My leaflets arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. Thing is I live in a small village so will drive to the surrounding villages. I did plan on canvassing a couple of days after the leaflet drop. Do you think it best to wait a week?

I did my first job today, a neighbours. Took a lot longer than expected because the windows had not been cleaned for many years, also had a decent size conservatory.
I do not have any other clients. My leaflets arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. Thing is I live in a small village so will drive to the surrounding villages. I did plan on canvassing a couple of days after the leaflet drop. Do you think it best to wait a week?

Don’t worry. Mine took far longer than I was expecting! Second house hadn’t been done in probably 5+ years... took me about 2.5 hours!

As for canvassing. I haven’t tried a couple of days later so I wouldn’t know how long a good time is to wait.

However, I personally felt that it gave people time to look at it. Think ‘do I need a window cleaner?’ And to call if they did.

But people are people and they forget. So if after a week or so, someone comes knocking saying, I dropped off a leaflet last week, then they should already know if they want it or not. Even if they have a quote, that’s good for me! Gets my name out there.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Knock door, offer service. If they say they will consider, right price quoted on the leaflet and give it to them. Personally I’ve had 0 work from leaflet drops, but a number have contacted me after a quote and a leaflet and went ahead with it. Just had a guy email me over a week later. Good thing, I’m in his street tomorrow (today)! 

Take notes. Go back to those not at home. Only after a few times would a drop a leaflet through, perhaps with a quote and a indication of the regularity, though haven’t really done this myself. I like to speak to people, face to face. 

I did get a job from leaflet dropping last week.

At the weekend a policeman delivered letters to the whole village stating that it is "A cold caller, canvassing free zone" with a number to call.

At the weekend a policeman delivered letters to the whole village stating that it is "A cold caller, canvassing free zone" with a number to call.
That's a nightmare!!! Best best is to hammer Facebook, chuck flyers in every shop window, anything it takes!! Another cheap trick is when you turn up to a job, make as much noise as possible! Nosey neighbors look out window, see you and maybe ask for quote. I have done this with some success lol!!!

Respect to you fella!!!
Luv your setup
I think a brilliant way of marketing your business!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Cracking set up that mate good luck with everything. You are gonna quickly see how one customer leads to another an to another!!!! 

I’m not sure if that is legal. People can put up their own signs, but for the police to enforce a village wide ‘no canvassing’ law doesn’t seem legit. What if a person wants to be cold called on? I would look into this further. 

That's a nightmare!!! Best best is to hammer Facebook, chuck flyers in every shop window, anything it takes!! Another cheap trick is when you turn up to a job, make as much noise as possible! Nosey neighbors look out window, see you and maybe ask for quote. I have done this with some success lol!!!

Yes it is a bit of a nightmare. The next village along also has the same stickers in their Windows/Doors that were posted to us on the weekend.

I have put my flyer up in the local post office, given to friends etc.

Until now I have resisted making a Facebook page but for business I am prepared to do that.

Do you find anyone ever leaves bad reviews that have not even used your service?

Thing is I do not now know anyone with Facebook so would not have any "FB friends", I assume it is necessary to have friends for them to see the page.

Fair play and best of luck to you .... Look to get some Ubik and some magic sponges make those first time cleans easier work

What a tool of a copper, loads of my customers have those stickers on the door and are happy for a windy to ask a straightforward question yes or no. It’s the gas/electric/ insulation companies not taking no for an answer and pressurising people that have caused problems for us. I’d knock anyway. He’s probably doing a favour for a window cleaner from the lodge by posting the letters. What a clown!

What a tool of a copper, loads of my customers have those stickers on the door and are happy for a windy to ask a straightforward question yes or no. It’s the gas/electric/ insulation companies not taking no for an answer and pressurising people that have caused problems for us. I’d knock anyway. He’s probably doing a favour for a window cleaner from the lodge by posting the letters. What a clown!
I have researched this and no cold calling zones need to be identified by signs on entrances to the area and also are not legally enforceable

Hello mate hope the window cleaning has started going ok for you. I started doing something last year and even though I've never heard of another window cleaner doing it, I doubled my business in one year doing it. It could be worth you trying it. Because in the week there's less people in to canvass. I drop my leaflet and make a note of every house that don't have a window cleaner.( I only use the leaflets as I'd probably get stopped by the cops walking to every house looking at there Windows and walking away. ( then go back to these houses at evenings and weekends to canvass. If you don't go back to canvas after its not worth dropping in the 1st place. I got 3 responses from 5000 leaflets by phone. I went back a week later canvassing and picked up 200 customers from the houses. I got that over a few months just doing bank holiday weekends. I made that happen while dealing with a marriage breakdown in January then a new relationship in the summer This year I will be able to put in a lot more effert. Wherever you do good luck and I hope you have massive success.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

37aa571086cdb17f2911c7f2c18013c2.jpg

Attached the windymobile to the bicycle for the first time today! A success. Had several admirers plus a new 4 weekly job!

Have to sort some more cord to ensure it is a little more stable when cycling along roads with potholes but none the less I got to three clients with a third of the time travelling!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Fantastic, get yourself some advertising boards on the side and the work will flood in. because its unusual makes the public stop and stare and hopefully take down your number. good vision

Back