Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Windymobile is complete! Ready for my first clients tomorrow!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As fantastic as this machine is,  And I'll bet it's a good laugh. I can't help but think you would have been better getting a driving licence and saving up before going ahead.

All looks good fun, but humping that lot about all day would be very inefficient in terms of earning money and I can't see how much fun it is on a freezing cold winters morning or lashing with rain or strong winds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No lessons, no test, No fuel. No insurance. No tax. Plus I used to cycle 26 miles a day for work! So saving myself a fortune, still earning enough as a part timer (which I wouldn’t be as a driver) and being a little bit different all at once!

Plus I do like a cold morning :) and skin is water proof!

Just not enough people willing to give something a shot in any way they can...

Plus, my customers love it!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

No lessons, no test, No fuel. No insurance. No tax. Plus I used to cycle 26 miles a day for work! So saving myself a fortune, still earning enough as a part timer (which I wouldn’t be as a driver) and being a little bit different all at once!

And that my friends is showing you both sides of a coin.
Both reasonable comments both correct.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I love this. How are you getting on?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

The bike is a hit! Definitely gets heads turning. Business is booming (for a part timer anyway). Will take over £400 in the next 4 weeks of planned work.

Baring in mind I still work 48 hours per a week at night...

I will be writing up a first month (and a half) report tonight for those people looking to take the plunge themselves!

I started out 6 years ago with the trailer. I used a Abru 2m (closed), 4.7m (extended) and it reached every window on my round. I have to pole the odd window over a porch. The ladder only weighs 10kg. Nowdays.. l have built my round which is more compact. I bike to my ladders and walk the round. I attached a small plastic container inside my bucket. I will descibe it like a plastic cereal box of which l put my cloths in. Two/Three scrims and 8 x 40cm microfibres get me through the day. I use outside taps. Have a few sets of ladders now dotted about in friends sheds etc to cover the areas l do. I try and travel as light as possible. I put my bucket in a belt when walking. Use one pouch. Tried two. It works and your correct less overheads like fuel etc. Keep doing what you do and keep thinking of new ways of making things better. I find keeping things simple works. After all Window Cleaners have been about longer than cars. Good luck and stayed focused.

That’s fantastic mate! Glad I’m not the only one!

I’m looking to condense and get a water fed backpack a nice carbon pole and a decent bicycle and kit it out with nice advertising! I reckon I can even fit a gutter vac in the trailer for gutter jobs!

All for the future though!

The less overheads the better. Mine are under £40 per month! Which means I’m making about £150-200 per month profit!

I only work part time on the windows and gutters too. So pretty chuffed!

That’s fantastic mate! Glad I’m not the only one!

I’m looking to condense and get a water fed backpack a nice carbon pole and a decent bicycle and kit it out with nice advertising! I reckon I can even fit a gutter vac in the trailer for gutter jobs!

All for the future though!

The less overheads the better. Mine are under £40 per month! Which means I’m making about £150-200 per month profit!

I only work part time on the windows and gutters too. So pretty chuffed!

Get as many bungalows and shop fronts as you can. Get houses that are in the same street. I spent toouch time thinking about what l couldn't do when l first started. Concerntrate on what you can do and you'll do just fine. I thought about a backpack. But. they are fairly heavy and you can't do many houses with it. If you live in a area where the water is good you'll get away with it. Here in Suffolk l'd need a R/O System. Not only that. People are old skool in this market town and they like to see me up a ladder lol. I only do 5 hours aday at the moment as my wife is full time and l take the kids to school. But i was full time up until a year ago and l've had to give a few houses up. But. I have done this mainly by not replacing customers who have moved etc. I have struggled round abit this winter. Its been abit of a wet one. I like to get round every other month at least. But. Its been nearly three months in some areas. I will get back on track again.

Well I work a 48 hour per week nights job right now which I would love to pack in. I’d be carrying my kit on the back of my bike on the trailer. I have a couple of 25L drums I can carry additional pure water in. I’d be producing my own with a 100 gallon RO/DI.

These are just goals for the future. I want a better family life now we are getting ready to foster! My aim is to give up work totally in about a years time to take on Windows most of my time!

Best of luck, i disagree, i think it would be worth the outlay to drive but each to their own. As long as you are happy with it thats all that matters.

Back