Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lockblock Clean And Resand

WCF

Help Support WCF:

great job donny , i was looking at a video on youtube recently with some guy using a jumping jack to drive the sand into the joints ,what do you think of that, i reckon it could damage the sub base

wouldnt do that, your meant to do that before you lay the block, nope i use a soft yard brush and kiln dried sand /emoticons/biggrin.png

I must remember to do before shots lol so no i didnt, ye customer was very happy, once finished i sprayed the whole area with weedol, it soaks into the dry sand and stops weed growth for an extra wee while, used 3 bags off sand , so powerwash £150 resand was another £175 so £350 incl fuel and the weedol for 2 mornings work /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cos they had a nice flash BMW /emoticons/tongue.png £25 was for the weedol and i took my time and spent a morning at it , price for me for a half day is £150 also got there windows and already do there bins so knew how far tae push my price, they loaded !!!

They will not be loaded for very long the way you keep going /emoticons/biggrin.png

Fair play to you /emoticons/wink.png

Cos they had a nice flash BMW /emoticons/tongue.png £25 was for the weedol and i took my time and spent a morning at it , price for me for a half day is £150 also got there windows and already do there bins so knew how far tae push my price, they loaded !!!

They will not be loaded for very long the way you keep going /emoticons/biggrin.png
Fair play to you /emoticons/wink.png

Not but he will be

To clean block paving efficiently would suggest you need the following for a portable setup

Pressure washer - Minimum spec petrol Honda gx390 or loncin 13 hp 3600 psi 15 ltr or higher per min flow rate that sucks water from a buffer tank. Options which are good to look out for - Interpump or cat pump & gearbox driven.

Buffer tank - Gorilla tub or converted wheelie bin

Hoses - Twin wire 30 m pressure washer hose & reel & garden hose & reel

Turbo nozzle, Vario-nozzle & Pressure washer water broom

Wide hand broom, Large dustpan & brush, Sacks for sand/debris

3 motor wet vac also submersible pump when drainage is an issue

Clean wide sanding broom to brush in dry kiln sand into joints, Kiln dry bags of sand, Clean dustpan & brush

Other hand tools - joint hook, knife etc

Spares - lances, quick connects, and other spare parts just in case of a breakdown while working

Optional - Hotbox

Chems - TFR, Weedol etc

Sealers, sprayer or roller & tray

Should set you back buying new for that lot about 3k or maybe less depending what make of equipment you get

Thanks dont think ill ever go in to it lol unless i got 3 vans on road /emoticons/tongue.png

Do you mean the cost or amount of kit needed why you said 3 vans?

Thanks dont think ill ever go in to it lol unless i got 3 vans on road /emoticons/tongue.png

Back