Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This weeks Softwashing Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Asda lemon version of fairy platinum as it is my usual trad soap too if not using squeegee off

This is my driveway which was green and mouldy and hypo'd it yesterday with only a couple litres in a 20l drum full of water and asda washing up liquid 

It has big oil stains which i need to remove and i went ott with the sand as it is my own drive and rushed it but took me an hour and a bit including using a wire brush on the joints to remove the moss etc

Obviously if it was a paid job it would have been pressure washed and done properly but just shows you don't need strong solutions if done correctly

20170527_181557.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one I did 9 weeks ago ish
9ff3e68a3788a6a5e5bcc0b59eb33c6f.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

this one i wet the blocks with hose pipe then neat hypo left for 30minits then hosed off a bit over kill i no but im still lurning ill try and add a lot weeker mix next time

can any one post a link to simons web page as i cant seem to get on it ?

has any one ever had lead flashing leve a stain on the render after they have soft washed it ? ive seen this once before on a different forum !was this due to not weting the lead before or to strong mix ?

if this were to happen would any of these shift the stain 

Rust X Pro

Lead X Pro

Nowt do with mix mate. Don't think lead drips. It changes colour to brown as it oxidises but will return back to original colour

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

thanks its kinda werryed me its bin on my mind for a wile ill order some lead x as there is some flashing over the front door

The stronger you make it the more it will react with lead but as Alec said it will turn back..sometimes takes a day but it will

Oxalic acid is best to shift it quick

Latest Posts

Back