Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thoughts on ladders!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I agree with you.

I use lyte trade ladders with 3 sections and rarely ever use the 3rd section. So it take off alot of weight. 
Got one Stallions height, pain on terraces, hey even semis sometimes. Have mitts for tops for safety so when using with mitts on have to walk round with ladder one rung up to accomadate mitts. Week after next going with Gazz,s suggestion and getting a triple.If outlay makes job easier in long run fine investment (work smart not hard)

Got one Stallions height, pain on terraces, hey even semis sometimes. Have mitts for tops for safety so when using with mitts on have to walk round with ladder one rung up to accomadate mitts. Week after next going with Gazz,s suggestion and getting a triple.If outlay makes job easier in long run fine investment (work smart not hard)
Bought my triple....makes job for me easier than lugging around my old big-un. worth the £124.00 to buy.

Rule number 1, Always think SAFE, and be Safe working.

If I cannot get a safe footing for my ladder I do not go up it. Simple.

If I think the windows are too high, I do not accept job, Simple.

If I feel unsafe doing a job, I stop doing it, Simple

At the end of a day window cleaning, I want to go home as I started the day, able bodied, well and healthy(ish). SIMPLE.

get a 7m triple, take off 1st section for windows and put it on for gutter cleans, mines an abru 6.92 from b&q, use it most days and weighs about 10kg as a triple. Always have top section with me, just in case
I take it your only doing upto 2 storie gutters with your ladders 

I was stuck in the traffic this morning and saw a bloke in his 60s easily going up and down the ladder like a boss??

20171101_092207.jpg

20171101_092155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back