Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thoughts on WFP after first week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

want an electric one but can' tpay £400 plus...

We used to have a manual hosereel on the fire engine and then they modernised and changed them to electric. Considering 90% of fires are extinguished with a hose reel, we were over the moon. I know how Den feels and he could never go back to a manual one. Best investment he has ever made and I think he will agree wi me. :1f609:

Questions : Can you run a 24v scooter motor at 12v ?

Would it be ok to pull out the hose manually then use the motor just to reel the hose back in ? I wouldn't want it operating whilst I was away from the van.

Yes you pull the hose out manually then have the motor rigged up on a spring loaded 12v switch so you can stop it quickly..? When winding in?? Also using a 24v motor on a 12v battery gives a lot of torque when winding in but not the speed if you were using a 12v motor so it makes winding in more controllable. Hope that makes sense..?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I drag all the hose i'll need to the first corner, then walk it along to the next corner and so on but it still gets caught. I wrap it over my shoulder at the first corner and release it as I walk. It still gets caught but a lot less than just pulling it. If the customers garden is really bad with a lot of snagging points I use the backpack;

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/portable-systems/the-gardiner-backpack/new-gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html

Best £110 i've ever spent. I had to buy some containers to fill while I use the backpack so I don't have to wait for it to fill each time I empty it. I never pull out more than 15 metres of hose now, I just use the backpack instead.

What end connector do you have on your backpack? cheers m

Questions : Can you run a 24v scooter motor at 12v ?

Would it be ok to pull out the hose manually then use the motor just to reel the hose back in ? I wouldn't want it operating whilst I was away from the van.

I have a Pure Freedom electric reel. You pull the hose out manually with it turned off. Only when you reel it in back at the van do you then turn it on.

That's what I have but its good having the both of them. This one can be used to wfp the windows round the awkward backdoors so I'm told. Once you get into this game, one starts to build an army of stuff to make our job easier and quicker.

Back