Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips for velux windows?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Always rinse them brush on nowadays. Take slightly longer than a normal window to get perfect so charge more for them. I usually clean top plastic then two sides 2 scrubs each then all glass couple of times then leave brush at top wriggling across for a couple of seconds and rinse down as normal. Taking brush off ive found brings little bits out and you have to keep going over. Similar to cleaning a fascia below roof tiles, brush on seems to work better 

Velux can be an absolute pain, they get covered in Seagull poo and pollen splodges which get baked by the sun till they set like concrete. I have never met a brush which was aggressive enough to guarantee a good job in those circumstances.

Has anybody tried those water through pads that Alex sells?

Velux can be an absolute pain, they get covered in Seagull poo and pollen splodges which get baked by the sun till they set like concrete. I have never met a brush which was aggressive enough to guarantee a good job in those circumstances.

Tucker scrubber heads are good 

Hot water softens it then a good scrub and it comes off fine 

I find it's the very top part of the glass needs extra scrubbing and rinsing, the dirt seems to get trapped up there under the frame thingy.

I had complaint by same woman on velux windows have tried the white sponge thats the width of a brush, think they are quite good, but still hard to see properly that you have everything off a velux. You may think you are doing a great job of rinsing looking for those tell tale undulations of the water flowing, but sometimes there are still small things stuck on that you can see when cleaning the insides.

I had complaint by same woman on velux windows have tried the white sponge thats the width of a brush, think they are quite good, but still hard to see properly that you have everything off a velux. You may think you are doing a great job of rinsing looking for those tell tale undulations of the water flowing, but sometimes there are still small things stuck on that you can see when cleaning the insides.
I've got one of those coming next week should have been this week as I got a new job which hadn't been cleaned for years with baked on tree sap that was black and managed to remove most of it but not all, I also have another job with sap issues the veluxs on this one are 40ft up so hoping the pad will help with a bit of tfr as well

I've got one of those coming next week should have been this week as I got a new job which hadn't been cleaned for years with baked on tree sap that was black and managed to remove most of it but not all, I also have another job with sap issues the veluxs on this one are 40ft up so hoping the pad will help with a bit of tfr as well
Look forward to your feedback on that.

Look forward to your feedback on that.
I used the pad for the first time on Monday, and you can exert a great deal more pressure onto the glass than you can with a brush I gave them a good going over but I wasn't 100% if I had removed all the baked on sap, so once doing I messaged the custy and asked her to let me know if they had come up good, she said they looked great!! 

Also very easy to quickly swap over the brush to pad and back, definitely a worthwhile purchase.

I used the pad for the first time on Monday, and you can exert a great deal more pressure onto the glass than you can with a brush I gave them a good going over but I wasn't 100% if I had removed all the baked on sap, so once doing I messaged the custy and asked her to let me know if they had come up good, she said they looked great!! 

Also very easy to quickly swap over the brush to pad and back, definitely a worthwhile purchase.
Good tool to have but the thin scrub don’t last long, should be ok if only using for the odd velux.

Good tool to have but the thin scrub don’t last long, should be ok if only using for the odd velux.
That's all I intend to use it for, add on's are extremely rare for me so I have no other use for it other than veluxs which I want to ensure they are as good as I can get them. 

Back