Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

trolley pump problems

• Thread starter The window cleaning kid
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

It’s a simple solution which we have done with our trolleys for the past 10 years +. Just add a check valve onto the bottom of the inlet hose.

I learnt this when I built my first DIY trolley 20 + years ago, wow that makes me old ?

Hi.......Any ideas please?

Recently I lost all water flow. I fitted a new Pentair Shurflo 12v 100psi pump replacing the same as before. This didn't cure the problem so I fitted a new Pro-Digital Pump Controller and this didn't work either. I get a dE reading and a PS reading if I disconnect the pump. The flow of water to the pump is good. I've tried 3 combinations; old controller/old pump, old controller/new pump, and new controller/new pump, all with just a pump outlet and no hoses etc. connected.

I hope I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance. Andy

Hi.......Any ideas please?

Recently I lost all water flow. I fitted a new Pentair Shurflo 12v 100psi pump replacing the same as before. This didn't cure the problem so I fitted a new Pro-Digital Pump Controller and this didn't work either. I get a dE reading and a PS reading if I disconnect the pump. The flow of water to the pump is good. I've tried 3 combinations; old controller/old pump, old controller/new pump, and new controller/new pump, all with just a pump outlet and no hoses etc. connected.

I hope I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance. Andy
Read this topic, as I am guessing you may have an airlock

Sorry Pane, it was an idea for those with more 'fixed' systems as in van based where it could be wired up and left in situ for when it's needed. 

Trolleys, though fundamentally the same, are usually simpler.  The shorter and smaller internal diameters of the hose involved usually make them quicker and easier to prime.  As I said in my old 2016 post, my trolley always primes and still does in about three seconds.

What trolley do you have?  Could it have a split in the pickup hose or maybe an ill fitting connection to the pump?  Does it have an inline filter?  Could it be blocked maybe?
@Marko67. No problem. I currently have an Xline 45 litre Orange trolley. Ive tried " short hose" on Full Power today?.

Thanks chap.

Not needed and may not work at all, I had a big airlock the other day the pump was drawing water from the tank but wasn't pushing the water through the pump, the solution I was provided with by @doug atkinson was disconnect the hose from the hose reel switch the controller on and suck on hose that creates a vacuum and within a few seconds the water is coming out a vacuum is needed to get rid of the airlock, 

For some it will be easier to do than mine as I have a PowerUp reel so I had to cut the hose off the elbow and refit but for some one using hozelock style connectors it would be much easier and quicker. 
I have sucked on the microbore and pole hose to remove airlocks in the past and found it only takes a small amount of sucking to get it out . 

Back