Twitbook and social media...

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by MrBump, Aug 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MrBump

MrBump Guest

#1 MrBump, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
    I do not use twitbook, myface or any other social media, I think it is bullet to the head of any freedom we once had and nobody cares that your bored or that your cat looks cute with your hat on or that you are going on a new carb free diet.

Anyway... I have heard that all these virtual socialites are good for business, so as I know nothing about how the business side of these things work, if any of you have any experience, please fell free to share it here...

Is it free? Or do you pay? If so how much?
    Do you have to just get loads of followers/friends and then post adverts to them or can you advertise somehow?
    How do you get followers? Or do you have to join lots of groups to get noticed?
    Or is it just for recommendations so they can link to your business page easily? (Even though they could just as easily link to a website surely?)
    If I set up a business page on some of these sites, how would I get work from them?
    I am clueless :whistle:

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I dunno, I don't do all that :turd:

My understanding is facef00k people want bargains. I don't do bargain bins :D

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#3 boarcity, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
    facebook for raking in work for window cleaners absolutely rocks!

set up a FB biz page , load it up with photos of you at work and update it daily. then join the various buy n sell FB groups in your area and post your biz page news/photos/offers on them Every Waking Day .
    i probably added 300 jobs to my business by doing this on Facebook and its all free!

iv also done the paid advertising on FB , its Fairly cheap [fiver a day touch if you stay local] , iv probably added 80 new customers via the paid ads

heres my page https://www.facebook.com/jonnywindows

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I use paid local advertising on FB, only £3 per day but gets a steady 3 customers per week at a minimum of £10 per customer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

So funny Mr bump! That's exactly what I call it! 'Twitbook' and sometimes 'facetwit'

Never had Facebook,

Twitter i started using about 6 months ago for business and to help the website rank well

6. MrBump

MrBump Guest

That's what I thought too, but my price is my price.so they can takr it or leave it, I just need to do more quotes in the first place and was hoping this might help :thumbsup: Leafleting takes ages and I am running out of time during the days and summer feels like.its passing so quickly!

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

300 customers, wow that is good! I only want 200 total lol. You must be up in the thousands :eek:

A fiver a day is £150 a month, far too rich for my blood. I can't afford that at the moment, I'll stick to free for now and hope for the best. If its priced on area, there are literally hundreds of windies round here so that will up prices more. I only did 2 window cleaning jobs today and saw 3 new vans, all un-signwritten, all wfp, I usually see a new one EVERY day, but now its getting ridiculous. I need to get my round up to speed before it all gets coined by everyone else round here, I need facebook now lol. Thanks for the tips, will try out asap

8. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Ps. When you eventually go wfp your going to need a bus for all your workers and a big ass water tank! :grouphug:

9. MrBump

MrBump Guest

I guess when you look at it like that, £21 a week to get £30 a month / bi-monthly extra its kind of worth it, good to hear it works though! I still can't afford £100 a month for facepoke though, lets hope free is as good..

10. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Do you know if twitter specifically helped your site rank higher? Or was is just part of a combo of things that got you to numero uno? Ever got any work actually from twitter?

Advertisement