Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger S-Channel Plus

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No ripping your upvc frame to Pcs free of charge .Mine has jagged edges on it and when I tried it it was shaving the frame no happy
I was actually going to humour unger and try it with the rubber hanging over first

I used mine today still have wipe up a bit "maybe it's just me"

As james Allen said the edges are rough looks like mine been cut with a hack saw unger website says

100% Satisfaction Guarantee this is our promise to you... or your money back.

I used mine today still have wipe up a bit "maybe it's just me"As james Allen said the edges are rough looks like mine been cut with a hack saw unger website says

100% Satisfaction Guarantee this is our promise to you... or your money back.
It is terrible a big company like unger have let this go out to public .

At least with moerman there was the rubber issue . But bob hatt was unaware they actually changed it without him knowing and we could sort it out in a few seconds .

But this is not a moerman liquidator it is unger who are one of the biggest suppliers to the window cleaning industry

seems to me the ultimate squeegee is yet to be invented :laugh:

or is it just the squeegee ya pick up and love using as we have all have our own technique ?

No ripping your upvc frame to Pcs free of charge .Mine has jagged edges on it and when I tried it it was shaving the frame no happy
How damned difficult would it be for the company to give each end a quick buff and smooth on a polishing wheel ... **** like this really makes me spit...

was using unger ergotec classic :rolleyes: with unger hard rubber yesterday and a quick wipe round using a scrim:eek: anyone remember these old chestnuts?

happy to say my windows all cleaned luvly and i enjoyed the experience

I have no problem going old school with a standard squeegee and microfibre

It makes a change

Old school now that's funny... what until you try wfp then as it's only been around 20 odd years /emoticons/biggrin.png

I had a call whilst out and about today so I said will pop over later to have a look.

Turns out to be a 2 bed semi 5 ish m on the back that they wanted the plastics cleaned as was filthy f/g/s job.

Anyhow I had a look and gave a price for the front and back as you do knowing they just wanted the back doing.

The response was the usual I will have a chat with my husband when he gets home. Anyway I said no problem but while I'm here if you like I will do a test area so you can see what it will look like after.

The lady agreed and could not believe the difference. Now for the little sales trick I use and said well I've finished for the day so if you like while I'm here I can do the back only for xxx which she agreed. Then she said I will be back in a mo I'm just popping to the cash machine...

Now that was an easy and very profitable add-hoc job so just goes to show you don't need to get ladders of the van when you also have a hot water fed pole system in the van as well.

Mind it also help if you are old and utterly charming with the ladies too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Gave mine a little tlc after it had been town down a few gardens and in the back of the van .

I thought I would do another test on my dads house as he said a bird has done it's buisness on one of his windows .

So cut long story short I did .

Tried light pressure on it and was loads of detailing to do .

Added more pressure little less to do .

Added more and got even better . And really had to put a lot of force on it and I got it too work but my wrist is really painful from the amount of pressure I have had to use .

The unmodded S channel plus doesn't do anything, honestly! literally just like a normal squeegee. Used it with the rubber hanging over, then cut the rubber exactly the same length as the channel. Even used the retaining clips. Just plain sucks.

Then modded it with the angles, cut incisions and bent upward. Using the retaining clips. Actually the best channel I own now. Could have used a normal s channel and had the same results, but all my regular s channels are crimped in a vice and I can't use the retaining clips.

Daveyboy, you were so right about steel channels being good to mod and dog ear. I keep changing my mind about things, but I'm pretty much finished with modding aluminium channels now. I hate the weight of steel, but the strength is amazing. Any alu channel I dog ear ends up being hard to do seals that slope off the glass. I think it might be the wieght of the steel which makes it easier to have that light touch as well

Although I think there's something about the standardised bend in the s-plus that made this mod so great, tbh. might buy another one to dog ear, instead of the s-channel classic

The unmodded S channel plus doesn't do anything, honestly! literally just like a normal squeegee. Used it with the rubber hanging over, then cut the rubber exactly the same length as the channel. Even used the retaining clips. Just plain sucks.
Then modded it with the angles, cut incisions and bent upward. Using the retaining clips. Actually the best channel I own now. Could have used a normal s channel and had the same results, but all my regular s channels are crimped in a vice and I can't use the retaining clips.

Daveyboy, you were so right about steel channels being good to mod and dog ear. I keep changing my mind about things, but I'm pretty much finished with modding aluminium channels now. I hate the weight of steel, but the strength is amazing. Any alu channel I dog ear ends up being hard to do seals that slope off the glass. I think it might be the wieght of the steel which makes it easier to have that light touch as well

Although I think there's something about the standardised bend in the s-plus that made this mod so great, tbh. might buy another one to dog ear, instead of the s-channel classic
Can you put some pics up as I tried standard and it was garbage. So I angled it and made it worse /emoticons/sad.png even though I use the liquidator I thought I would have a go with this s plus

Sure, here. Remember, the angles only help with the corners of the window. Bending upwards and using the retaining clips works wonders. the incision looks over the top, but the steel retains a lot of its strength, and the incision acts a bit like a spring (but it's strong and doesn't need to push the rubber proud like the plastic spring on the liquidator)

http://i.imgur.com/cHHk4YQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9rpP848.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gplMIeO.jpg

Also notice they rust a bit where they scribe the "S-plus" /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back