Univalve issue?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by C Rose Cleaning Services, Jul 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. C Rose Cleaning Services

I have a univalve and to begin with when the tap was off the water stopped entirely but just lately a tug on the hose will sometimes only reduce the water flow or not turn it off at all. Or at other times the water stops going to the brush and runs back out of the bottom of the pole! I've checked the connections and seems tight enough at the joins.

Have I just not noticed before and is this normal behaviour?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Alex87

Alex87 Active Member

Contact Steve he should sort you out.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Sounds like its jamming Contact them and I'm sure URL get a freebie lol

4. C Rose Cleaning Services

Bloody should if it is faulty, only had it 3 weeks!

I've just replaced the O clips in all three places and trimmed the hose so it's super snug. I'll try it again tomorrow before I ask :)

5. Alex87

Alex87 Active Member

I had the same problem. Steve said it may of been dirt getting stuck in there.

Just message him on here mate and he will more than likely send you a replacement.

When mine done this it would work again for a few houses then go again.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

6. C Rose Cleaning Services

Cheers, what's his username so I can message him?

7. David K

David K Forum Addict

BTW Arent you experiencing problems with that yellow gardiner hose connected to the univalve?
    Mine got totally elastic and I had little contact when temperatures inclined. Changed it to a stiffer blue transparent one , 1 tug , and go ! Almost every time .

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I'm just asking. If there is dirt getting stuck in there, why should Steve have to replace the Univalve? Surely if the issue is dirt then that's an operator issue which wouldn't be covered under warranty.

9. C Rose Cleaning Services

I've got the reinforced pole hose in mine. And I only use cold DI water with it so can't comment on it becoming stretched with warmer water. Would imagine that is a pain in the ass though.

10. C Rose Cleaning Services

Should dirt have got in there in the first place? Not sure how it would have tbh. Surely the pure water is filtered before it enters the hose so shouldn't have any debris to pass through the valve anyway. Only thing I could think is if your brush head passes back some small particles. I did have to clear one of my pole tubes the other day as a tiny piece of something had got into the jet opening and wedged. Can't see it running back 15" or so to get inside the valve though???

Advertisement