Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

univalve yes or no?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No totaly not needed , like iron giant said just squeeze the hose easy peazy , doesn’t cost anything and  cannot go wrong , I did try one it only lasted 8 months and broke I certainly won’t buy any more we have around 8 poles in each van as well so would cost a small fortune to put them on all poles . Again if it saves 12 ltr per day and I don’t  think it does it’s not worth saving that much , each to there own but it’s not for us .
If you can afford 8 poles you can afford 8 univalves

If you can afford 8 poles you can afford 8 univalves

Lol yes no problem,  but we have around 24 poles at last count on all vans and the univalve just doesn’t earn it’s keep as far as Ime concerned ,it’s something else to go wrong as it did at 8 months use , never really felt it was needed but tried it anyway , but got better things to spend money on at £30 a go that’s £720 ,to turn water on and off , far easier to pinch the hose , all my guys feel the same way they didn’t want to have univalves they also prefer to pinch the hose , but as I said some may find them useful.

People are talking about the water saving, but for me it's the time saving, convenience and not having to bend down to find the tap that I find is the real benefit. I always used to have an in-line ball valve between the pole hose and main hose. On a 27' pole when you're working downstairs the switch could be quite far from where you're working and it always used to be around a corner getting stuck stopping you reach the last window.. 

The taps didn't last long, especially if you regularly stand on the tap to switch it on.

Occasionally I used to fold the hose over- though it's not a great solution IMO. The main problem being you can't let go without it coming back on. Yes, some people shove it in a bit of pipe carried in their pocket, but that's a lot of faff and when you're doing hundreds of windows a day, a bit of faff here and there adds up.

The only downside to the univalve as far as I have experienced it that it can come on unexpectedly when you pull the pole or when extending the pole (especially if your hose is stored bent around the end of the pole).

A univalve combined with a tubeless setup has sped me up at least 10-15% I recon.

Does anyone use the univalve on the standard gardiners yellow pole hose that comes with the pole? if so, is it fine?

People are talking about the water saving, but for me it's the time saving, convenience and not having to bend down to find the tap that I find is the real benefit. I always used to have an in-line ball valve between the pole hose and main hose. On a 27' pole when you're working downstairs the switch could be quite far from where you're working and it always used to be around a corner getting stuck stopping you reach the last window.. 

The taps didn't last long, especially if you regularly stand on the tap to switch it on.

Occasionally I used to fold the hose over- though it's not a great solution IMO. The main problem being you can't let go without it coming back on. Yes, some people shove it in a bit of pipe carried in their pocket, but that's a lot of faff and when you're doing hundreds of windows a day, a bit of faff here and there adds up.

The only downside to the univalve as far as I have experienced it that it can come on unexpectedly when you pull the pole or when extending the pole (especially if your hose is stored bent around the end of the pole).

A univalve combined with a tubeless setup has sped me up at least 10-15% I recon.
Yep. That’s why the tap should be fixed to your pole. Always where you need it right next to your hand. 

We've had them since they came out. Awesome. Still have the originals. Not a single failure yet. 
same......must be coming up to 3 years old now....still works perfectly!ive also got a spare one when this finally gives up the ghost.....i only use a univalve on my main pole,my 47ft high level pole i just kink the hose.....

best water control device ever invented for WFP IMO......always use PU pole hose though,the softer hose is not suitable(esp if you use hot water)....

Latest Posts

Back