Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upper back pain constantly, anyone have this issue in this job?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey guys, the last few months, I am constantly getting upper back pain, like the middle of my spine, very painful. It’s there all the time. I feel the cause could be from when I’m looking up cleaning top windows or when my pole is at full reach or just the strain I put on my back from when I’m moving the pole at high reach. Does anyone have same issue or had, and has a solution? I really like my job but this constant back pain turns me off this work as I’m in constant pain every day with it.

PR No1 see your doctor
Do some research on NHS site for upper back pain I know for lower back there’s a bunch of strengthening/conditioning exercises to do regularly - it focuses on the muscles causing the pain - just like any athlete - they regularly do stretches/strengthening exercises etc - they do this to run a ~2hr marathon etc. We work 7-8-9 hrs day 5 days a week for months back to back (pun intended) so it’s crucial to exercise those muscle groups worked the hardest ie the back. You need an exercise routine - think about footballlers they have so much back room staff keeping them tip top - and get instant help if the feel a tweak etc and most are kids/young men. We’re not👍
It’s manly and sensible to care your body - thereby you can care for your family/self👍

Last edited:
Gym 3 times a week for 8 years.i started at 44 and I'm now 52.this pic was taken this afternoon before my 3rd gym session of the week.this is without a muscle pump.

It all helps with reducing strain when using WFP.👍

I'm over 18 stone and 6ft 2in,i am dieting down a bit for my holiday to Ibiza in 4 weeks but realistically ill only lose around 7lbs before i go...

Attachments

• 20240420_140514.jpg
    20240420_140514.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 2
Gym 3 times a week for 8 years.i started at 44 and I'm now 52.this pic was taken this afternoon before my 3rd gym session of the week.this is without a muscle pump.

It all helps with reducing strain when using WFP.👍

I'm over 18 stone and 6ft 2in,i am dieting down a bit for my holiday to Ibiza in 4 weeks but realistically ill only lose around 7lbs before i go...
Gym proper work out routine. I'm 63 in November.View attachment 30087
Well since we’re all doing it…
IMG_2563.png

27. Down to 85kg (13.7st) as of this week, from 110kg (17.5st) a couple of years ago. 6 days a week in the gym for my sins. Yes this photo was taken after a pump. Yes it’s good lighting. Yes my shorts need ironed. 🤣

Hey guys, the last few months, I am constantly getting upper back pain, like the middle of my spine, very painful. It’s there all the time. I feel the cause could be from when I’m looking up cleaning top windows or when my pole is at full reach or just the strain I put on my back from when I’m moving the pole at high reach. Does anyone have same issue or had, and has a solution? I really like my job but this constant back pain turns me off this work as I’m in constant pain every day with it.
Hi; new to the forum, been using wtp systems for years mainly commercial high level. Suffered from muscle aches for years. Started getting chronic neck pain. Took someones advice and bought some mountain climbing glasses, you may get the p**s taken out of you at first, but solved the problem. Plus CBd oil on muscle aches works wonders.

Back