Using Ecover Washing Up Liquid

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by nearlyclean, May 2, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

I use to use ecover directly on the brush for first cleans but in a Facebook group discussion some where saying they use it all the time with wfp
    Yesterday I put this to the test. I use 25 litre containers to store my pure water and added a drop of ecover. I was surprised to see that the water ppm was 001 . I had a couple of first cleans and some that hadn't been done for six weeks plus. It really did help and it don't leave spotting as I went back and checked a few later that afternoon.

Not sure how much you would need in a big tank.
    Thought it was a good tip

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've used it on a brush, wouldn't risk adding it to water though.

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I've read a few comments about it being done over last few months and I'm told that lemon that has the lowest ppm (think it's lemon).

4. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

You can add 10/15ml to your barrel thats what i use and have done for the last year or so! there seems to be a fear with people that raising tds will spot! well this is not really true it is what we have had fed into us you will noticed cleaners using water well above 000tds upto 30 in some cases! so adding ecover to your barrel will bring it upto around 10tds will it spot no! and it doesn`t it is all about confidence to use a tds higher than 000

When i discovered ecover for trad i did tests on it for wfp as well and with the help of jouk45 we came up with around 10/15ml was just about right for wfp!

5. james44

Here is a copy of the post that i did then using ecover for wfp!

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:25 am Post subject: Ecover and wfp

After trying this with trad and was happy with the results i decided to try it with wfp and it works superb!

Glass it feels incredibly `smooth`,as if the `fines of the glass have been
    Well cleaned out.My windows are very `hydraphobic`that was from lewis

That was the reason that i decided to try it with wfp the fact that it seems to clean the fines in the glass so well and makes them hydraphobic it just seems to work perfect for wfp as well.

I had a few windows no matter how much i rinsed there would still be some spots here and there when the windows dried, now i dont have that problem on those windows as i have said the ecover cleans the fines of the glass nothing is left behind.

Well with wfp when you would normally do a first clean on a house you would do all frames and glass then go back and just clean the glass! now i dont have to do this i clean the frames and glass and rinse there is no going back to clean the glass!

on maintenance cleans this is where it comes into its own, its a quick scrub with the brush and a quick rinse this has cut my cleaning time by half, and on first cleans has halved the cleaning time!

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hmm interlesting

7. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

My thoughts exactly!

Sounds awesome to me. I'll be trying it for sure. Thanks for posting guys.

8. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

So some are adding Ecover to a 25 litre can yeh? Does it not foam up? Cant see how this can be good? Does it make it clean better or somethng?

9. james44

just a little but will rinse spotless!

Not only that it helps speed up the cleaning as well and leaves a better finish!

10. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

James - Just to clarify, this is the ecover washing up liquid you're talking about here isn't it, not the truck wash?

Cheers.

Advertisement