Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Heater

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i want to take my laptop to work but the battery dont last long would it keep it charged all day
it could do, without knowing what the battery is on your van/car and the amp and watts are of the charger its had to say how long it would last,

I have a small Aesus lap connected to a 1,000w inverter and a 110 amp leisure battery bit overkill but the small 150/300w should do it as long as you recharge only when the engine is running. ie dont leave the lap. running all day.

interesting good thread i keep forgetting to charge my back pack what size inverter do you think i need to keep this charged ? would i have to discount it once the van is not running or do you think i could connect it to my split relay somehow ?

interesting good thread i keep forgetting to charge my back pack what size inverter do you think i need to keep this charged ? would i have to discount it once the van is not running or do you think i could connect it to my split relay somehow ?
how oftern do you use you backpack?

Maybe get a spare bpack ? ...the small inverters will handle it but would take quite a few hours, OK for topping up.

if you are using it daily then you could wire in a cig lighter to your lesure battery, using a 10amp fuse on it,

then you can use this to plug the inverter into. then just plug charger into the inverter.

i think you could leave this pluged in all the time if need be as it wont draw that much power from the battery.

if your charger is anything like my one for backpack battery it will only draw 17watts,

Just purchased one of the inverters. Already got a thermostat, so will just set it to come on at 0c. A friend of mine has got one, and the exact same size and put it in his porch at home. It works a treat and throws out some right heat.

I have had loads of issues through the winter months. We live out in the sticks, and when the temperature drops to 0c even lower in the city, it drops -5 or lower where we live. Last year we had -12, tried duvet covers which worked to a point, but once it got to -2 and less, issues happened. Needed to buy new DI bottles, bit's and bats bust. I really hope this heater helps this year. Only need the van to stay above 0c and all will be well! Hopefully I will be going from :-( to :) this winter!

Just purchased one of the inverters. Already got a thermostat, so will just set it to come on at 0c. A friend of mine has got one, and the exact same size and put it in his porch at home. It works a treat and throws out some right heat.
I have had loads of issues through the winter months. We live out in the sticks, and when the temperature drops to 0c even lower in the city, it drops -5 or lower where we live. Last year we had -12, tried duvet covers which worked to a point, but once it got to -2 and less, issues happened. Needed to buy new DI bottles, bit's and bats bust. I really hope this heater helps this year. Only need the van to stay above 0c and all will be well! Hopefully I will be going from :-( to :) this winter!
If you need the van to stay over 0c then set the stat at like 2c because if you set it to 0c, by the time it kicks in and really gets going then temps would have dropped even further in the van

Set it higher, it will take ages for the van to fill up with heat, even longer in temps or plumiting
True... it will look funny when snow comes, and it's -7 or lower and my vehicle is the only one in the street without any snow or ice all over the van... if it heats the van above freezing.

True... it will look funny when snow comes, and it's -7 or lower and my vehicle is the only one in the street without any snow or ice all over the van... if it heats the van above freezing.
save scrapping it in the morning! lol

Back