Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

van hunting time!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've just bought a 23 plate Peugeot Partner LWB, which had 87 miles on the clock and 2 years manufacturer's warranty, for £21k Inc VAT.
I wouldn't like to rely on any van lasting 15 years, especially one that works hard like ours do. I budget for 8 years max, from new.
Would prefer to get a business loan for £30k, if you can, rather than leasing a van. Would think that would be around £750 a month, max, over 5 years, and the van is then yours.
Just done that 30 k loan is costing £712 per month for 4 years , got it from Gateshead picked it up this morning thought I might have seen you 😂😂

It'll be 30k after 10 years so 3k a year.
Of course but it's £215 a month.i don't even give it a second thought.
A 10 year lease you could have got a better deal 7 years ago by purchasing it on finance and had it paid off in 3-4 years and owned the van outright more than 3 years ago 🤣 I had credited you with more common sense that has just been revoked 1720673662944.png

Don’t know if this has been covered as I can’t be ar5ed to read all the previous post, but if you lease a van surely you can’t bolt in a tank through the chassis and give it back with holes in the floor? 🤔🧑🏻‍🦰

Why would you keep a leased van for 7 years when you could have a new one every 3 years.
Is it cheaper to keep the same van?
Maybe it’s the faff of getting the new van kitted out and sign written?

Why would you keep a leased van for 7 years when you could have a new one every 3 years.
Is it cheaper to keep the same van?
Maybe it’s the faff of getting the new van kitted out and sign written?

I only use my van for work and do around 3-4000 miles per year.i also fitted a diesel hot water system in mine so I don't want to keep changing vans every few years.

I can sell my van whenever I want(business finance lease)but it's only got 24000 miles on the clock and it's still in decent condition

Paying a set amount every month keeps my accounts simple as the lease payments are tax deductible

I know it's not for everyone but it suits me.👍

Don’t know if this has been covered as I can’t be ar5ed to read all the previous post, but if you lease a van surely you can’t bolt in a tank through the chassis and give it back with holes in the floor? 🤔🧑🏻‍🦰

My lease is not contract hire it's a business finance lease so I can sell my van whenever I want (now it's gone past the 5 year contract)

Latest Posts

Back