Van written off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TWC, Oct 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TWC

TWC Active Member

Young lad pulled out in front of me yesterday leaving me nowhere to go. All his fault and he put his hand up to it. I'm currently in shock but not due to the accident. Would you believe my insurance made me an offer within 6 hours and money will be in the bank by midweek. Driving for 22 years and first accident I've had but is that normal?

Anyway reason for my post, there was a thread on here which I can't find now with some great advice on vans. Which model years to avoid etc. If anyone can offer advice or know which thread I'm on about would appreciate the help. Probably looking at a vivaro, traffic or transit swb. Need about 900 kg as I'm an oven cleaner and window cleaner. Berlingo was my last van but was a struggle to fit everything in and keep the weight down

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Calum Jennings

Calum Jennings Active Member

I have recently got myself a transit connect lwb. I don't regret it at all. Loads of space, 2 seats, high roof, 900kg payload. image.jpeg image.jpeg

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Same here,

Love my connect, mines also the Long wheel base, loads of room

989kg payload on my t230 as well :thumbsup:

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Good to hear you walked away mate.

As for me I have the SWB Trafic 2.2L - Avoid smaller as they only have the 5 speed box which is useless the 2.2 and up have a pretty bomb proof motor and gearbox and drive like a car. Currently 166'000 miles, no advisories just serviced just to shut up the oil light. :)

I would buy another without hesitation.

5. TWC

TWC Active Member

Thanks for your replies. Yes we both walked away thankfully although he was pretty shaken up. Couldn't even write his details down he was so shakey.
    Didn't know the connect could carry that much but forgot to say I need 3 seats ideally.
    What year is your traffic Green?

6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I have a van for sale!
    It's a 2009 new shape Peugeot partner 1.6 hdi
    The van is immaculate not a single scratch or dent not even minor
    Drives like new 3000

7. armagh27

armagh27 Well-Known Member

Scania L900 truck **** you could put some tank on that you would only have till fill it once a year....

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Mine is a 57 plate, 3 seater, all the goodies, 500L hot water system in the back and still 50% left over room in the back for all other bits your missus wants at the stores.

It drives so nice I dont even keep a car anymore, just the van.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

had u got comprehensive insurance? it got sorted out very quickly by the sounds

10. TWC

TWC Active Member

Thanks eviestevie but partners to small.
    Just seen a traffic for sale nearby so will go and have a look. As long as it's not a 2l as I know they have problems with injectors.
    Cheers green
    Yes boarcity was fully comp

Advertisement