Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wages how much would you pay

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What would you pay an employee off the cards self employed paying his own tax As a window cleaner.
I think a lot of people prefer to be employed. If your still young and looking to grow your business its worth investing in your staff, at the end of the day they are the most important part of your business and good staff can be hard to find so it's worth paying them the best wages you can to keep them happy and motivated. 

It's not that complicated employing people if you look on HMRC website.

Just make sure you get your number right. Hols. sick pay. Pension..

I pay a young lad a ton a day but family know him well. If I make £300 I don't mind paying someone a ton to help me and finish earlier. I would take 200 a day five days a week and off weekends but doesn't work out that way. Looking at £300 a day and take the next day off to do things around shed, lockup and house and rest, middle age now. ?

Lol yesterday we started at 07.00 and finished at 21:00 , today started at 07:00 and finished at 18:30 doing windows, tomorrow we are doing a few plastic cleans so will be 8:00 till 17:30 and Friday a big softwashing job and conservatory clean 8:00 to approx 18:00 ??? now booking add on jobs into July , trying to organise another van and a couple of guys to help out as we are booking far more work than we are able to deal with , picked up 3 ,5 bed detached house softwash jobs , plastic clean , conservatory ,  pressure washing of paths patios and drives all in the same road ????,  they are big places and are about 2:5 days work per job for 2 guys 
Ok Scottish ??

Yeah that’s fair enough, I guess if you’re more, how do I politely say.... an old fart no I mean not so young and youthful anymore and done your share of ‘the grind’ then yeah fair play to you to get in a position where you only work 5-6 hours a day with a good wage. ? That’s my plan in 15 years when I’m in my 40s with a full time lad in his own van.

Long days, short days, doesn’t bother me too much at the moment I don’t find window cleaning or gutter cleaning tiring. Just the odd neck ache looking up a lot. I could literally wave my arms up and down all day everyday, oh wait I do ? but you know what I  mean .  How’s your new golf btw? I remember you mentioning it. A neighbour across the road has a new one, they’re very smart. 
im only 49(nearly 50)and a 6ft 2in 18 stone bodybuilder....i train 2 or 3 days a week plus im a drummer too....

its nothing to do with getting old mate i just find window cleaning tedious and boring if i clean for too long in any one day and i work better working shorter days and dont get to fed up with cleaning....

my new golf 8 GTD is great!i love driving it!IMO its much better than the 7.5 i had before....its faster and the cockpit is amazing!i cant wait until im back gigging again and i can drive it more plus trips out to the coast.......

Lol yesterday we started at 07.00 and finished at 21:00 , today started at 07:00 and finished at 18:30 doing windows, tomorrow we are doing a few plastic cleans so will be 8:00 till 17:30 and Friday a big softwashing job and conservatory clean 8:00 to approx 18:00 ??? now booking add on jobs into July , trying to organise another van and a couple of guys to help out as we are booking far more work than we are able to deal with , picked up 3 ,5 bed detached house softwash jobs , plastic clean , conservatory ,  pressure washing of paths patios and drives all in the same road ????,  they are big places and are about 2:5 days work per job for 2 guys 
i work to live not the other way round.......no time for hobbies or leisure/family time working the hours you ve stated.....

rather you than me mate......im a steady eddie these days.....its the best way to work/live IMO......

i work to live not the other way round.......no time for hobbies or leisure/family time working the hours you ve stated.....

rather you than me mate......im a steady eddie these days.....its the best way to work/live IMO......
I do agree with you it’s just a means to an end at the moment can’t go on holidays so Ime doing as much work as possible now to get a new kitchen bathroom , en suite , and alter the dining room and a few other jobs I have the money to do it all but cannot get a builder for 6-8 months as they are fully booked ???? , by next year I hopefully will be back to just one van and doing 3 days a week hopefully ????, we have had our best month ever for turn over , this recession they keep talking about doesn’t exist down hear . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back