Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing my first commercial job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adams0211

As I was cleaning one of my regulars the manager of the car dealership across the road came and asked me to clean the showroom windows once a month.

I don't do any commercial (and I'm happy with that) but it's a quarter of a mile from my house so it's probably worth doing.

The thing is, I've got no idea how you go about pricing commercial work. I know how much I'm happy to earn per hour but I suspect there's more to it when you're quoting commercial work.

I'll attach a couple of pics from streetview and would appreciate any thoughts.

View attachment 8925

View attachment 8923

View attachment 8924

I reckon an hour will cover it mate

If you don't want the aggro it is also just round the corner from me:whistle::rofl:

and don't forget if he wants the insides doing brush up on your trading , also in the summer rince the life out of it if its in the sunlight or if your a water saver then you may have to blade it off as big windows can eat the water in very hot sun light (eating means your have to cold the window with the rince befoure you get flow down the window )

I have cleaned loads like this and I would be very surprised if you can do in and out in an hour to a good standard.

If the internal ledges are deep they sometimes need to be laddered rather than trad poled

if they need to be laddered that 1 man job soon becomes a two man job.

I have cleaned loads like this and I would be very surprised if you can do in and out in an hour to a good standard.If the internal ledges are deep they sometimes need to be laddered rather than trad poled

if they need to be laddered that 1 man job soon becomes a two man job.
here here mate and by god are they fussy !!! we sold our car show rooms off a few years back as they were a plain in the butt to get right and you can get bogged down fast on them if there not drying right ,

I should have added that he specifically asked me about a price for the outside. Normally I'd push for extra stuff but I have absolutely zero interest in tradding the inside of that place.

To be honest I have never had a car show room that didn't want in and out cleaned regular.

There is no point having a big glass building showing off your stock and not having it properly cleaned so by just having the outs done says to me they don't have or like spending the money and want a cheap job.

I would also wounder why they don't have a current window cleaner.

But if they asked for you to price the outs and you think the outs will take 1 hour allow 1 and half hours and I would not charge it at the same hourly rate as domestic charge more.

Expect to invoice them and wait 30 days for payment.

Trad pole and a Wagtail.

In and out in just an hour I reckon.

Hourly for residential is £40 for me but for that I would ask £40 monthly but point out they need more often and quote two weekly at £30.

First I'd want to know what happened to last windy as dont see many showrooms without one.

I've a showroom I done in April and they are only wanting then done again now as they've had work done , I underpriced /emoticons/sad.png the inside was ******* nightmare , ladder fully extended and someone footing it at the bottom. Only cleaning part of a window at a time. Originally they said they didn't want the inside done all the time so I automatically thought happy days. Have to do it tomorrow morning! They have a cherry picker outside and they want them tradded this time for a deep clean apparently

I've a showroom I done in April and they are only wanting then done again now as they've had work done , I underpriced /emoticons/sad.png the inside was ******* nightmare , ladder fully extended and someone footing it at the bottom. Only cleaning part of a window at a time. Originally they said they didn't want the inside done all the time so I automatically thought happy days. Have to do it tomorrow morning! They have a cherry picker outside and they want them tradded this time for a deep clean apparently

Latest Posts

Back