Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole pump trolley & control box project complete

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Brilliant set up, although I must be missing something looking at your cct diagram ?

I'm I correct in thinking that the remote cct only switches the 12v on/off, across the pump ?

If so, then the pump is either fully on or off, no way of varying / controlling the flow ?    

Brilliant set up, although I must be missing something looking at your cct diagram ?

I'm I correct in thinking that the remote cct only switches the 12v on/off, across the pump ?

If so, then the pump is either fully on or off, no way of varying / controlling the flow ?    
Yes the remote control only starts and stops the pump. An electronic version of the Univalve.

You wouldn't be able to vary the flow control via a single channel wireless system. 

Hi Austin.

Thanks thats a very kind offer re the stickers.

I will be in contact very soon.

(Some of the components are out of stock with Amazon,so trying to source elsewhere)

Regards

Matthew

Yes the remote control only starts and stops the pump. An electronic version of the Univalve.

You wouldn't be able to vary the flow control via a single channel wireless system. 
Hi,

Just a thought!

Could you not use the relay output leads as input feed for the flow control unit in your earlier cct diagram and not straight across the pump? Have flow control output as feed for the pump ??

Put  on/off switch in supply side of the remote input.

Possible ???

Still excellent build!

With the upmost respect. I think you are over cooking the simplicity and error free design concept of what is essentially a robust and easily serviceable system. 

Relays corrode and the copper fingers along with the carbon pads rot In moist environments with humidity.

This is a pump trolley and not a van mounted static system. 

I only ever use and have my trolley within 20 feet of myself at all times.

Also you can't use a relay to alter the potentiometer value to increase or decrease the overall flow output

If you want a fancy all singing remote control pump controller with flashing lights then I recommend the Spring Europe Ltd's WFP link water fed pole pump controller system 

It's had a 16mm IP68 rated two pole stainless steel aviation style charger port since day one. I don't miss a trick nor do i leave quality out of my builds 

View attachment 18582

Many thanks. Yes its amazing and so reliable yet bomb proof 
Hi could you point me in the right direction for the charging port please, have tried searching but I'm having no luck, thank you

Hi, looks great....what's the power of the pump? how high will the water reach?

Thanks
Good evening and many thanks for your comment.

It's a 12v chemical grade 5.2Lpm diagram pump with a 10mm inlet & outlet bore 

The water flow is selectable via the pump controller installed and easily delivers an output flow when carrying out a 3 story clean 

Looks a good build,just getting the parts together to build mine.Good work posting this for other people to see...

Many thanks for your comment Brian. It's not left me down since it was built and hasn't had any repairs either. 

I know of 8 others building their own. If you need any help just ask.

Look after yourself 

Kind regards Austin 

Hi.

I have now just about completed my pump project after struggling to get hold of exactly the right parts.

Can I ask you what size nuts,bolts & washers you used to mount the enclosure to the trolley?

Also does your kind offer of some decals still stand?

Many thanks

Matthew

Hi.

I have now just about completed my pump project after struggling to get hold of exactly the right parts.

Can I ask you what size nuts,bolts & washers you used to mount the enclosure to the trolley?

Also does your kind offer of some decals still stand?

Many thanks

Matthew
All I used for my fixings were Marine grade stainless steel M6x30 machine screws with M6 Nyloc nuts and 25mm penny washers. 

What logo do you have and is it bold one colour? 

Hi 

Thanks for coming back to me regarding the bolts etc.

The text for the decal would be very simple bold black text.

I have attached the text.

I was hoping you might be able to print two decals using the same text.

(one for the enclosure and one for the front of the water container).

Please let me know and if you want some payment just let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Matt

View attachment Trolley:25ltr Water container Decals.docx

Good evening all.

I've finished my build project of my custom trolley build 

If anyone wants to build one and needs any help or pointers feel free to ask 

I can supply a full detailed parts list and wiring diagrams if needed 

Heres mine 

View attachment 16955

View attachment 16956

View attachment 16957

View attachment 16958
Hi Austin in the wiring diagram you have posted above is the fuse off the neutral terminal of the battery ( unmarked grey rectangle? )

Thank you

Dave

Just came across this, sensational looking build. That's some serious DIY, looks better than most trolley on the market to be fair.
Yes I agree I am thinking of buying the warrior one on eBay as I don’t  have the time to source all the bits and build it myself , it’s ideal for  soft washing just line the barrels up and change the pick up tube from one to the next , easier than the back pack .

Yes I agree I am thinking of buying the warrior one on eBay as I don’t  have the time to source all the bits and build it myself , it’s ideal for  soft washing just line the barrels up and change the pick up tube from one to the next , easier than the back pack .
Serious degree of skill to build something like that which unfortunately I do not have, stickers/decals are a nice touch aswell. Yeah definitely easier to manage than the backpack, I bought the backpack ages ago thinking I could wear it and spray chem, weight of thing ffs no chance back would be broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious degree of skill to build something like that which unfortunately I do not have, stickers/decals are a nice touch aswell. Yeah definitely easier to manage than the backpack, I bought the backpack ages ago thinking I could wear it and spray chem, weight of thing ffs no chance back would be broken.
I have mounted our back packs  on trolleys I certainly wouldn’t want it on my back ???

Back