Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole pump trolley & control box project complete

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Same as myself, I don't know how anyone could honestly walk around with that in their back for any length of time. I might look into getting some decals for my gear ?
When I first started wfp I had a sureflow back pack and used it for difficult assess jobs and had it on my back whilst poling  three storey buildings with a fibreglass pole about 4 inches thick weighed a ton , I look back now and wonder how I ever did it ???? I certainly wouldn’t do that now !,,

When I first started wfp I had a sureflow back pack and used it for difficult assess jobs and had it on my back whilst poling  three storey buildings with a fibreglass pole about 4 inches thick weighed a ton , I look back now and wonder how I ever did it ???? I certainly wouldn’t do that now !,,
?? I have 100% got more fragile with age. Whatever makes the job easier I suppose. Working smarter these days but bit too late for me. Back isn't in great shape, all those years of doing the wrong things unfortunately. 

@Apw1210 that's looks so pro - you should go into production on the side - lots of applications for that - like Pjj looks ideal for softwashing too...you could try to sell to to one of the softwash suppliers or directly. 

You have a talent Austin!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Apw1210 that's looks so pro - you should go into production on the side - lots of applications for that - like Pjj looks ideal for softwashing too...you could try to sell to to one of the softwash suppliers or directly. 

You have a talent Austin!
Austin put me on to the ones on ebay it’s calked the warrior they do several versions prices £250-275 , I will be buying one soon , unfortunately the back door handle has just Brocken on the van and the bill for that’s £250 !,,,,along with £1500 for boiler repairs si I better stop spending for a bit ????

Austin put me on to the ones on ebay it’s calked the warrior they do several versions prices £250-275 , I will be buying one soon , unfortunately the back door handle has just Brocken on the van and the bill for that’s £250 !,,,,along with £1500 for boiler repairs si I better stop spending for a bit ????
Ffs man, you do gets times like that when sh*t just breaks swear it's on purpose. I always try to stick few quid away for things like that which are absolutely inevitable.

That warrior setup was an amazing price if the hardware is decent.

That warrior setup was an amazing price if the hardware is decent
Think Austin's take the ? his is 'sleek'' and love the detail - 'neon' glow buttons - colour coordinated and he used aircraft grade electrical connectors  - nuff said - I guess warrior supplied the concept and Austin pimped it ? ?️‍♂️

Think Austin's take the ? his is 'sleek'' and love the detail - 'neon' glow buttons - colour coordinated and he used aircraft grade electrical connectors  - nuff said - I guess warrior supplied the concept and Austin pimped it ? ?️‍♂️
I asked Austin if he would build me a couple but unfortunately he is to busy , ????

Hi can I have a full wiring drawing please... I see not everything is on that diagram you posted ??
Everything is listed clearly in the schematic and all parts used are shown. 

Its simple.  

The battery feeds a 7amp maxi blade fuse then the live/ positive connects to one side of the power switch (16mm latching) 

Then from the other side of the switch connect the positive feed to the battery in of the 433mhz wireless relay switch. 

From the wireless relay switch connect the live / positive switched output to the live / positive supply of the consolidated speed controller.

The speed controller has a pre-wired variable resistor / potentiometer & start stop button supplied with it. 

If you wish remove the cheap Chineseium start stop button and replace with a 16mm stainless steel IP rated waterproof momentary switch.

Connect the 12v water diaphragm pumps live / Positive to the speed controllers pump control output terminals and also the common / negitive wire from the pump.

The 16mm 2 pole charger chassis socket connects directly to the battery terminals observing polarity when you connect to your desired 12v SLA battery charger lead. 

Everything is listed clearly in the schematic and all parts used are shown. 

Its simple.  

The battery feeds a 7amp maxi blade fuse then the live/ positive connects to one side of the power switch (16mm latching) 

Then from the other side of the switch connect the positive feed to the battery in of the 433mhz wireless relay switch. 

From the wireless relay switch connect the live / positive switched output to the live / positive supply of the consolidated speed controller.

The speed controller has a pre-wired variable resistor / potentiometer & start stop button supplied with it. 

If you wish remove the cheap Chineseium start stop button and replace with a 16mm stainless steel IP rated waterproof momentary switch.

Connect the 12v water diaphragm pumps live / Positive to the speed controllers pump control output terminals and also the common / negitive wire from the pump.

The 16mm 2 pole charger chassis socket connects directly to the battery terminals observing polarity when you connect to your desired 12v SLA battery charger lead. 
Thanks brother just couldn’t see the fuse on the diagram...I’m no good at wiring that’s why I asked ???

Been building this myself for a startup having received all the parts in the last few days. Thanks for posting @Apw1210.

I had a bit of trouble visualising it myself @ShaneBlavins so put in a way I could easily understand based on the layout. Hope this helps.

Note: the wireless relay is an eMylo Model: R121A. I notice the wiring order is different than the diagram @Apw1210 provided.

IMG_20200604_150529~2.jpg

Been building this myself for a startup having received all the parts in the last few days. Thanks for posting @Apw1210.

I had a bit of trouble visualising it myself @ShaneBlavins so put in a way I could easily understand based on the layout. Hope this helps.

Note: the wireless relay is an eMylo Model: R121A. I notice the wiring order is different than the diagram @Apw1210 provided.

View attachment 20780
Amazing Craig thank you ???

Shouldn’t the positive go to the fuse tho ??
Standard practice to always fuse between the live as the same applies to switching. Some people fuse the common which puzzles me. 

I do on both poles for my vans split charge system as double protection but a pump trolley should only be positive 

Shouldn’t the positive go to the fuse tho ??
Not an electrician but from what I've read online it's hotly debated but either is fine as the circuit is broken without both positive and negative feeds.

In addition the Maypole charger recommended comes with 2 fused leads, both on the positive line. I converted one of them (still fused on positive) to connect via the aviation connector and butchered the other fuse on the other (surplus to requirements) charging lead to put on the neural line.

When the charger is connected there are fuses on both positive/negative lines.

Standard practice to always fuse between the live as the same applies to switching. Some people fuse the common which puzzles me. 

I do on both poles for my vans split charge system as double protection but a pump trolley should only be positive 
It may be an idea to update that wiring diagram. My assumption was the same as Dave's:

Hi Austin in the wiring diagram you have posted above is the fuse off the neutral terminal of the battery ( unmarked grey rectangle? )

Thank you

Dave
Can't see anything between the battery and the cutoff switch on the positive line on your diagram.

Going to update my own build to add an additional fuse on the positive line. You can never be too cautious.

Good evening all.

I've finished my build project of my custom trolley build 

If anyone wants to build one and needs any help or pointers feel free to ask 

I can supply a full detailed parts list and wiring diagrams if needed 

Heres mine 

View attachment 16955

View attachment 16956

View attachment 16957

View attachment 16958

It may be an idea to update that wiring diagram. My assumption was the same as Dave's:

Can't see anything between the battery and the cutoff switch on the positive line on your diagram.

Going to update my own build to add an additional fuse on the positive line. You can never be too cautious.
Edited* between the battery and the master power switch (latching SPST) add an inline maxi blade fuse holder with a brown 7 amp rated maxi blade fuse 

Polish_20200605_112308061.jpg

Just shy of a year old and I've removed my initial backsplash which was a tesco value baking sheet and replaced it with a 3mm thick 5 bar diamond plate. Much tougher and will not bend with my cam buckle stap supporting the 25L water drum

Cost - Nothing 

Time - 5 mins 

20200614_182050.jpg

20200614_182047.jpg

Yeah that checker plate's tough stuff - I've topped my tank with it and then fitted my ereel to that  - but I don't recall them not charging me when I picked it up ?  I should shop where you do !

Back