Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole pump trolley & control box project complete

WCF

Help Support WCF:

In second image you can see -V and +V. Just to test connect -V to 0v(-ve) on battery and +V to 12v (+ve on battery). Then you can test to see if it's programmed to the remote. You should be able to press a button and the red LED come on and off or just hear the relay click.

On the back it also shows 3 modes of operation.

1 = M = momentary (as long as button pressed relay activated.

2 = T = Toggle press button for on press again for off.

3 = L = Latching - switches states and holds when button pressed. 

If I remember press and hold button on relay board them power up relay. then release button and press 3 times to latch then press remote button. Not sure on that as mine was setup a few months ago. I will see if I can find instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found these instructions which may help - just need to power the relay with 0v and +12v.

1.Jog: Press the learning button then release, set the mode from the system automatically working mode to action mode, wait for a while, when the board LED off, said it is into the learning state, press the remote control, the system received the signal. The LED flashes 5 times and goes off again. After 3S delay, LED light marked learning success, the system automatically withdraw from the learning state.
2.Self-locking: Press the learning button, then release, press 2 times, the system automatically set to self-locking mode, wait for a while, LED off, it is into the learning state, press the remote control, LED flash 5 times Off. 3S after the delay, LED light learning success.
3.Interlock: press the learning button, then release, press 3 times in succession, the system is set to interlock mode.

Modes don't match but the system will be something similar. You might have to play with trial and error. I think my instructions are in garage so I will try and dig out tomorrow.

View attachment 22132

View attachment 22133

Not sure if they are clear enough mate. Agree on ebay by the way ? 
Regardless of the slight manufacturing difference, If you copy the wiring diagram of the image I posted an hour ago and copy that schematic in conjunction with the screw terminals on your board it should work. Do not try and worry about the remote control pairing as it should of been working before you got it.

I'm here all night so let's get this working for you 

Regardless of the slight manufacturing difference, If you copy the wiring diagram of the image I posted an hour ago and copy that schematic in conjunction with the screw terminals on your board it should work. Do not try and worry about the remote control pairing as it should of been working before you got it.

I'm here all night so let's get this working for you.
Sorry I'll have to leave it tonight but I'll take you up on that offer tomorrow evening if I can't work it out from what you have posted already mate cheers 

Evening lads

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but what a PITA this has been.

Managed to get the pump box all working and ready in time for a school windows job 50 effing mile from home and yes you guessed it, the pump stopped working ;( so I had to buy the nearest pump i could find, 45psi shurflo) sooo slow but got the job done, anyways.

Also had a problem with charging, at least that's what I think it is, the battery is a Lucas 7AH, hardly ever used to need charging before the upgrade ( Stupidly used a different charger once the charging point was fitted ) charged it for 8 hours and read 13.2 on the voltmeter but after 2 hours cleaning it was reading 11.7 volts, it was only reading that at the terminals as well, Guessing the charger is a dud ?

Any thoughts lads ?

Evening lads

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but what a PITA this has been.

Managed to get the pump box all working and ready in time for a school windows job 50 effing mile from home and yes you guessed it, the pump stopped working ;( so I had to buy the nearest pump i could find, 45psi shurflo) sooo slow but got the job done, anyways.

Also had a problem with charging, at least that's what I think it is, the battery is a Lucas 7AH, hardly ever used to need charging before the upgrade ( Stupidly used a different charger once the charging point was fitted ) charged it for 8 hours and read 13.2 on the voltmeter but after 2 hours cleaning it was reading 11.7 volts, it was only reading that at the terminals as well, Guessing the charger is a dud ?

Any thoughts lads ?
Good evening. It sounds like the battery cells have depleted if the voltage drop is significantly low.

May be worth getting it drop tested and determine if it's at fault. 

Buy a new one and get a decent intelligent charger which is suitable.

Also having a spare pump is key are at least one that works.

Sound's like you have the generic trail 7 pump.

Small compact diaphragm pumps aren't expensive and worth buying two for instant backup use 

Good evening. It sounds like the battery cells have depleted if the voltage drop is significantly low.

May be worth getting it drop tested and determine if it's at fault. 

Buy a new one and get a decent intelligent charger which is suitable.

Also having a spare pump is key are at least one that works.

Sound's like you have the generic trail 7 pump.

Small compact diaphragm pumps aren't expensive and worth buying two for instant backup use 
Thanks for the reply mate,

I'll do a drop test tomorrow when my vans back from its Mot, if it passes, fingers crossed.

Whats are good Lpm and Psi numbers to look at when buying new pumps ?

Cheers 

I'll do a drop test tomorrow when my vans back from its Mot, if it passes, fingers crossed.

Cheers 
Just checked and my old pump had less psi and lpm than the shurflo I replaced it with, could it be the variable flow controller is restricting the flow in anyway, had it turned upto 100 % and it wasn't exactly firing the water out ?

Cheers 
With regards to pumps what is your method of use?

Are you using a self built compact trolley design similar to me or a universal box design pump which is able to be used in or out of the van?

Most larger heavyweight trolley systems with the likes of Xline pure freedom & Streamline use the generic Shurflo 8000 series 12v 100psi 5.2lpm pump which Doug @doug atkinsonsells there are also similar pumps like flojet.

For trolley system builds like mine and also the pumps used within the Gardiner backup a 12v 100psi 5.2lpm pump is used.

The Shurflo is renowned for the window cleaning sector and will work better dues to it's larger inner bore which delivers high volumes of water and used in conjunction with a smart pump controller such as the Spring Europe Ltd V11 or newer flagship V16 model 

Hope that helps 

Austin 

With regards to pumps what is your method of use?

Are you using a self built compact trolley design similar to me or a universal box design pump which is able to be used in or out of the van?

Most larger heavyweight trolley systems with the likes of Xline pure freedom & Streamline use the generic Shurflo 8000 series 12v 100psi 5.2lpm pump which Doug @doug atkinsonsells there are also similar pumps like flojet.

For trolley system builds like mine and also the pumps used within the Gardiner backup a 12v 100psi 5.2lpm pump is used.

The Shurflo is renowned for the window cleaning sector and will work better dues to it's larger inner bore which delivers high volumes of water and used in conjunction with a smart pump controller such as the Spring Europe Ltd V11 or newer flagship V16 model 

Hope that helps 

Austin 
Hi Austin its a compact trolley setup modelled on yours. 

I'll go for something nearer 100 psi and see if that makes a difference to the flow, probably not a shurflo though as it won't fit in the box ??

Thanks again 

Hi Austin its a compact trolley setup modelled on yours. 

I'll go for something nearer 100 psi and see if that makes a difference to the flow, probably not a shuffle though as it won't fit in the box ??

Thanks again 
No you won't fit a Shurflo within the enclosure

This pump is good and works well. I've been using one of these for over a year without any issues 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xpork-Pressure-Diaphragm-Priming-Caravan/dp/B08K7F1YXL/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=12v+100psi+4lpm+water+pump&qid=1603921173&sr=8-7

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back