Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water marks left again!! ???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We clean those areas on downstairs windows with a damp cloth.

spacer.png
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding your problem, but I mean with this type of window you can occasionally have problems. Usually it will be fine but if you always have run marks after it dries then avoid getting water on the areas marked on the picture.

View attachment 17630
@Skxawng thanks very much I’ll try that ???

Had it a little bit with a couple homes I've done.  I'll usually come back and rinse only the glass again one more time, then if I can get to it actually dry was I call the T joint (picture above) 

Those water marks are so bad I can't see it being from you. That's from a hose pipe or something after you've done them. The fact he didn't mention it tells me he knows that as well. If they came up like that surely he would have said something to you. 

I think someone in the house is cleaning those windows with a cleaner and not telling you. If its a kitchen window then they may have bar stools where they sit all day long all stare out. If the inside is spotless then they clean both all the time and that's what's making the pure bead. You could ask them but they will probably deny it. fwiw

Wait...... is the windows in the picture dry??? 

It looks like its still wet?

if that’s it dry, then no way is it your pure water system. That looks like someone’s been washing the window down with tap water. 

No the pic is them after I cleaned them, so yeah still wet. I took it as I convinced myself it must of been the windows.. I think I’ve confused everyone as they all think that’s what they were like before I cleaned them, from the last clean... ? They were spotty like the pic but dried marks all over.. I think @CHWS might be right, it might be the trees and the wind.. Also I may need to rinse them more and turn the pump up to about 40 maybe? I clean them on 32 now. 

I see trees in the reflection that look pretty close. Are you sure it isn’t them dirtying the windows after a rainy windy day 
You may be right, thank you. I hope I can get to the bottom of it as it’s demoralising knowing that there was so many marks left. ?

I see trees in the reflection that look pretty close. Are you sure it isn’t them dirtying the windows after a rainy windy day 

I'd be wondering if a neighbor has had some repointing or pressure washing etc. The only way I can think of otherwise that could leave them like that is a lot of dust/sand and a very windy day blowing it onto the glass while it's wet or like part timer was describing.

On that note... Any kids living there - or grandchildren?

Kids love water, especially garden hoses... and glass is always a perfect target for their watery fun.

A few months back i hit our kitchen window with normal tap water just to see what would happen when it dried (forgive me i was new to this!). Sure enough, it dried up leaving water spots all over.

I was going great until today when i went to clean the care home. Nearly every window had spotting and not sure how it happened. I was using an old flock brush which i use for pvc cleans with degreaser. Not sure what happened because they have wooden frames and sills. It kinda resembled salt on the glass. I have fitted a new brush and will see how i get on tomorrow.

I was going great until today when i went to clean the care home. Nearly every window had spotting and not sure how it happened. I was using an old flock brush which i use for pvc cleans with degreaser. Not sure what happened because they have wooden frames and sills. It kinda resembled salt on the glass. I have fitted a new brush and will see how i get on tomorrow.
Good luck. It's not funny getting marks. 

If the last cleaner was glass only and the frames were brown it's hard for see how dirty the windows are. 

First cleans should always be done with extra care and checked, on big jobs, as you work. Hopefully this has only cost you some embarrassment and time. 

So in those pics the glass is still wet? I deal with glass like this all the time commercially, I am literally going a job in 5 minutes that no matter how hard or long I scrub or rinse, the water marks will be exactly like that when I finish i.e. window is soaking hundreds of droplets on glass. I just blade it off, job done.

As a test I have left them to dry and they don't spot but it does take hours. The reason I blade it off is I don't want to have to come back to check. Blading the excess off takes seconds and you won't have to worry about how it is drying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to ladders for window cleaning, too many complaints. Thought it was me and then my water (000) but the glass still came out spotted. Might be better when my hot water begins to work but i cant take anymore complaints. Will use the wfp system for the new flats i have.

Im still really new to all this so might be talking ******** and be doing something wrong. Like @Part Timer said first cleans have to be done with care and attention and that all takes time...this is how i have started doing my first cleans.

1, always top windows first, i have a nozzle on my clx hooked up to my gardiner backpack with a ubik solution in at aroun 15-20/1, (if i dont have the back pack with me spray a ubik solution straight onto the brush head after a quick whip over with the brush) i give the windows a really good spray with the solution to get them really covered well, will do both or all tops at once.

2, use my first clean brush to give them a really good scrub and get them nice and soapy as soap bubbles help to trap dirt and carry it away.

3, turn the hot water on and give it another good scrub

4, brush rinse then repeat for all the windows and doors

5, finally i have a walk round with a jet nozzle and give all the glass one last spray rinse.

it works for me great and the only time ive ever had issues is the dreaded top vents ?.

hope this helps and like i say, its just my way and im new too. stick with the wfp and just allow a bit more time in the price to get a detergent solution on like ubik/vitrosol to lift any old dust or dirt.

70342279_121126872598797_8857445393080778752_o.jpg

Going back to ladders for window cleaning, too many complaints. Thought it was me and then my water (000) but the glass still came out spotted. Might be better when my hot water begins to work but i cant take anymore complaints. Will use the wfp system for the new flats i have.
Don't go back to ladders we all felt like it at the start but once you get the windows done a couple of times it will be great. Sounds like you need to check every house and if there's spots just do the glass again. 

When I was changing my round over from trad I felt like going back to trad st least twice a day lol

Don't go back to ladders we all felt like it at the start but once you get the windows done a couple of times it will be great. Sounds like you need to check every house and if there's spots just do the glass again. 

When I was changing my round over from trad I felt like going back to trad st least twice a day lol

I will need to go back till the hotwater is fixed. I will give them the choice. Will be mixing and matching.

I will need to go back till the hotwater is fixed. I will give them the choice. Will be mixing and matching.

You need to keep on with this wether using hot or cold , it’s just down to your technique we have all experienced this , just take your time and re check each job before moving on it’s good practice , when you are using hot this isn’t going to be some magic solution you can still get spotting , hot will clean quicker yes but it’s the technique you need to master first , practice on your own windows , just slow down and look at each window , re do it if nessasary  as I said in the pm , don’t let this initial problem get you going back to trad you need to perseveer until you master the art the more you use it the  quicker you will succeed  

Back