Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water meters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Elliott randall

Hi all
How many of you guys are on water meters? I’m currently not on one and haven’t been ever since I started using wfp. I currently go through 600L a day of water and I’m hoping I don’t get put on a water meter! Iff they put me on one I’ll have to fill up at a station most likely….. pray for me lol

Hi all
How many of you guys are on water meters? I’m currently not on one and haven’t been ever since I started using wfp. I currently go through 600L a day of water and I’m hoping I don’t get put on a water meter! Iff they put me on one I’ll have to fill up at a station most likely….. pray for me lol
Ime on a meter and it’s not that bad , I have a sub meter so only pay the water charge no sewage charge on the water for the van I produce at least 1000 ltr of pure a day sometimes 2-3000 per day .

Ime on a meter and it’s not that bad , I have a sub meter so only pay the water charge no sewage charge on the water for the van I produce at least 1000 ltr of pure a day sometimes 2-3000 per day .
3000 a day? That’s an insane amount. I’m assuming you have more than 1 van on the road! Do you take them all to be filled up at the same station? As I have no idea how that works

3000 a day? That’s an insane amount. I’m assuming you have more than 1 van on the road! Do you take them all to be filled up at the same station? As I have no idea how that works
There is no spotless within 150 miles of us , water usage depends on what we are doing and how many vans fill at mine if on commercial work they fill up on site a lot of the time .

There is no spotless within 150 miles of us , water usage depends on what we are doing and how many vans fill at mine if on commercial work they fill up on site a lot of the time .
I guess everyone has their own ways of filling up. I’ll count myself as one of the lucky ones then

@Elliott randall . Think about it. Spotless Water's core business is to sell water to window cleaners and others at a profit.

Spotless water employ a maintenance crew to maintain the water quality of each of their outlets. To do this they have to sell water at a price that covers their expenses which includes vehicle and vehicle running costs, the cost of water, r/o equipment, softening resin to polish the remaining tds off, a pump water dispenser and a card reader. The container that houses their equipment securely has to be paid for, rent paid for on the stand they use and also has to be kept frost free during winter.

There is no way they can produce water cheaper than you can at home, even if you are on a water meter. They also have to pay for the water they draw from the local water authority, as you do.

@Elliott randall . Think about it. Spotless Water's core business is to sell water to window cleaners and others at a profit.

Spotless water employ a maintenance crew to maintain the water quality of each of their outlets. To do this they have to sell water at a price that covers their expenses which includes vehicle and vehicle running costs, the cost of water, r/o equipment, softening resin to polish the remaining tds off, a pump water dispenser and a card reader. The container that houses their equipment securely has to be paid for, rent paid for on the stand they use and also has to be kept frost free during winter.

There is no way they can produce water cheaper than you can at home, even if you are on a water meter. They also have to pay for the water they draw from the local water authority, as you do.
That's the reason I think 3p plus vat a litre is a teaser rate. Fairly soon they will be near 10p a litre and the ones that don't make money will be closed down. We had plenty of speed cameras up here till they began losing money now there's hardly any. Everything seems to revolve round money and it's going to get alot worse in the future.

Back