Water Pressure

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Feb 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

So yesterday I met a fellow windy at the suppliers buying his first off the shelf WFP system.

As Adam stacked up the bits the look of 'what have I bought' kicked in. So I said bring it on over and I'll help out so we put it together today which brings me to my question.......

His RO has a built in pressure gauge and when I connected it to my tap the pressure gauge said 30 PSI.

Now I don't really understand the water pressure and it fills my 500L in about 5-6 hours through my 20" RO which is OK with me but would I benefit from a booster pump and if so why? What Ideally should water pressure be to get optimum production?

Thanks for the helpful answers in advance.

Advertisement
  2. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

I think 70/80 psi is the recommended pressure for best use

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Perhaps this is the best video explanation.

4. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

Mine is around 40 psi which suits me has I have x3 1000 ibc's so one week running one week off, I have a pump but I don't use it but I'd guess it would do an extra 200-250 litres a day with it on

5. adam davies

adam davies Member
    Supplier

It depends on the membrane inside the housing mate, do you know what type of 4021 you have ? A hf4 4021 technically should be ran at no less than 100 psi and a hf5 no less than 80, although it will work under that but won't be covered under warranty by the manufacturer, we have 30 psi at the warehouse and a 4040 brand new out the box brings our 258 tds down to 24 normally with the booster pump we double fill time and the tds is 6 going into resin, and cheers for helping him ;)

6. adam davies

adam davies Member
    Supplier

Half filling time l, not double!

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Don't mention it, I was better paid for it than Sonny! I got six shiny green bottles full of Peroni for my effort! :))

8. adam davies

adam davies Member
    Supplier

Not really you gave him a relay haha ;)

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I never realised my pressure was sooooo low

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I would have thought due to the volume of water coming out the tap that I had good pressure but guess not, guess it's same as the pump conversation, pressure and flow are not one and the same

Advertisement