Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water shortage / Hot Weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thames Waters 2017 drought plan.

from looking at the exemptions on the screenshot I took - WFP would be exempt on a couple of reasons.

1. for health & safety regulations /working at height restrictions, which are exempt.

2. Where it’s used as part of a service in the course of a business.

i suppose if the hot weather continued that could also be clamped down on. Personally I think a good idea would be to wfp the tops and traditional the bottoms - that way your water usage would halve straightaway.

5909D1B5-9322-4EF4-B478-5EC72B55C3F0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thames Waters 2017 drought plan.

from looking at the exemptions on the screenshot I took - WFP would be exempt on a couple of reasons.

1. for health & safety regulations /working at height restrictions, which are exempt.

2. Where it’s used as part of a service in the course of a business.

i suppose if the hot weather continued that could also be clamped down on. Personally I think a good idea would be to wfp the tops and traditional the bottoms - that way your water usage would halve straightaway.

View attachment 14207

Agree.

There are different catagories of restrictions/bans depending on the severity of the drought. If the drought is severe enough and standpipes and/water bowsers are our only way of collecting drinking water, then we won't be able to clean wfp period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree.

There are different catagories of restrictions/bans depending on the severity of the drought. If the drought is severe enough and standpipes and/water bowsers are our only way of collecting drinking water, then we won't be able to clean wfp period.

Agree.

if the Temporary Use Ban needs to be raised even further then special drought measures take over and we’d all be in the crapper.

However, I’m fully confident that the great British summer won’t let us down and that it’ll be peeing down heavily for most of August  and no doubt we’ll have flood warnings on the news! ?

For an island surrounded by water and a growing population, you'd think by now they would use the millions of £££ on laser guided bombs and other ninesense that have no real affect on anything and use it on distilleries.. im paying for my water and by God I'm gonna use it 

I live in the south east and the last Hose pipe ban didn’t effect wfp because of health and safety legislation.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

All my water comes from a bore hole so no water bills or water companies dictating what I can or can't do.

What happens Cornish when your bore holes run dry?

is there a way you can connect to the mains water supply?

not necessarily with regard to your water purification it for your household use.... washing, showers, toilets etc....

What happens Cornish when your bore holes run dry?

is there a way you can connect to the mains water supply?

not necessarily with regard to your water purification it for your household use.... washing, showers, toilets etc....

Don't think it would run dry, it's a supply from the farm it goes down at least a hundred feet underground.

No mains access so they would have to lay pipes and drains etc..

Only problems is power cuts cause the pump stops working!

Back