Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterworks under floor rollers and HD guide

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To me that's just wasting time standing pulling out 10's of meters of hose and rough guessing if you have pulled out enough, I wouldn't want to do a run of houses then have to walk back 50 metres or more because I'm a 1m short of reaching the last window. 

As I said I’ve done it probably 3 times in 10 years when in dodgy area or have dodgy characters around, and I’ll always pull extra off For that exact reason I havent gone short a hose pull in years can usually guess it bang on

Yeah I’m leaning more that way mate as there’s nothing but high praise for them. The only things putting me of is it looks quite a big hole that you have to cut for them maybe deceptive from the pictures I’ve seen and I’ve done a template from the measurements on Grippatank and the bolt holes don’t line up very well with the raised ridges on the van floor sort of have on the ridge and have off maybe an issue getting them to sit right and because of the width of them I think I’d have to drop the spare wheel out to get the clearance.

can you remember what size the hole was you needed to cut that’s the only thing I can’t find on there website ?
The hole size for  the gripper ones is approx   3x4 inches the slick connector fits through them easily but won’t fit through the water works one also the ww bend easily look at the picture below 

3A6D4932-53C4-4DE0-A5C9-590472899C00.jpeg

27A5A408-CF95-4E15-BB86-6A4908C8AECD.jpeg

The hole size for  the gripper ones is approx   3x4 inches the slick connector fits through them easily but won’t fit through the water works one also the ww bend easily look at the picture below 

View attachment 24518

View attachment 24519
Thanks mate you’ve been really helpful, it’s much appreciated.

wow that really is quite a lot of bending on the waterworks ones I guess that’s the difference in using 4 bars instead of 2 and nuts versus bars.

think I’ll just order the Grippatank ones worse case I’ll have to remove the spare wheel or send them back if I really can’t get and fit but I’m sure I’ll work it out when they come ?

Yeah I’m leaning more that way mate as there’s nothing but high praise for them. The only things putting me of is it looks quite a big hole that you have to cut for them maybe deceptive from the pictures I’ve seen and I’ve done a template from the measurements on Grippatank and the bolt holes don’t line up very well with the raised ridges on the van floor sort of have on the ridge and have off maybe an issue getting them to sit right and because of the width of them I think I’d have to drop the spare wheel out to get the clearance.

can you remember what size the hole was you needed to cut that’s the only thing I can’t find on there website ?
An old neighbour when we lived at our old house fitted my grippa ones and they were an uneven fit he used a piece of wood and G clamp to flatten the raised section in my van, but a better pre prepared option would may be to pack out one side with washer's,

But previously, I had my system fitted at PureFreedom and as I wanted their supplied rollers fitted central they removed the spare wheel and I have it down the side of my tank, but their rollers where rubbish with plastic rollers which smashed which is why I changed to the Grippa one's 

But previously, I had my system fitted at PureFreedom and as I wanted their supplied rollers fitted central they removed the spare wheel and I have it down the side of my tank, but their rollers where rubbish with plastic rollers which smashed which is why I changed to the Grippa one's 
Mine have been in for 2 years and whilst I probably don't reel in as often as you find that even though there's been no plastic on the bottom rollers for around a year, and the top rollers are badly worn, it still reels in.

As I said I’ve done it probably 3 times in 10 years when in dodgy area or have dodgy characters around, and I’ll always pull extra off For that exact reason I havent gone short a hose pull in years can usually guess it bang on
If you are that good at guessing, any chance you can pick the winning Lottery numbers ?

Mine have been in for 2 years and whilst I probably don't reel in as often as you find that even though there's been no plastic on the bottom rollers for around a year, and the top rollers are badly worn, it still reels in.
Skin flint springs to mind ?? you've bought a ride on gutter vac but still have those cheap broken rollers ?

Waterworks looks like all the other cheap fairlead rollers you see on EBay  the gaps are very narrow a friend of mine managed to drill new holes in the frame enough to get my hose thru OK but still would have preferred a bigger gap.

If you don’t want to drill a hole in the floor and used to working with back door open what reel are you using?

a friend of mine fabricated a 1” box section and roller and mounted direct to my power up HD faceplate if you look closely to the roller the bottom-roller was taken out and extra bit of plate was then cut to shape for the hose to be pulled our smoothly bottom roller not need on this.

I know you are asking about floor rollers but this could be an alternative.

You can even partially pull the door too.

5AD678CA-516B-4B31-9CAD-05716611E4D5.jpeg

4FE90257-6EDB-49B8-85B4-22E607BBBE1E.jpeg

CDEA9754-5A75-4866-ACAA-78419C41C701.jpeg

If you are that good at guessing, any chance you can pick the winning Lottery numbers ?
I pull it just over half way to to get all the way round to start leaving pole in van connected so it’s double that when you get pole out, Then pull again to front of next house from the reel and so on,  not pulling enough off and having to go all the way back to the van for a couple of metres hasn’t happened to me personally in ages 

Back