Well..... I never had one of them before........!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Jul 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

As some of you may know there is a bit of a running joke around here that I am the official head window cleaner to the Nottingham Taliban. In short I have more than my share of Muslims, Hindus and other ethnic clients.

Now I know that a few of you do not care to accept jobs from Mr or Mrs barterer as the negotiation for price can be harsh but I have found that if you stand firm on the price, do not be afraid to walk away and sometimes adopt an almost indignant manor then Mr or Mrs Barterer will agree your price and pay it.

It is not that they think your price is unfair or unreasonable they are simply so used to haggling as part of their culture that is a normal part of the conversation to them.

Well Tuesday morning comes round as usual and I figure I can either sit round the house dying slowly or get off my ass and go make a couple off hundred quid.

So I have just finished up a job at Mr Shahs house, his stunning daughter pays me with a smile (she gave me the tenner as well as the smile) and I am packing up my van when Mr Shah calls to me.....

'I have another job for you!' He calls from across the street

'No you don't' I call back, 'I haven't got time to stand around negotiating with your nephew for the window cleaning price, the price is always the price'

'No not my nephew' he says.......'I need you to do the windows once a month at the Mosque!'

Well fiddle de sticks! I never had a religious building before, let alone a Mosque.

So we jump in my van together and go to look at the Mosque. We take a walk around and I give him a price........'Is this the very best price?' He asks??

'Well if you don't like it feel free to call another window cleaner Mr Shah'

'We do not know another window cleaner we trust' he replies, agrees the price and shakes my hand.

Since getting the Mosque, I have picked up 9 more Muslim clients this week alone.. just goes to show that when you persevere you will get results.

For city boys cracking ethnic groups can be very lucrative, and the nice thing that all customers have in common is the cash they pay you with all has the Queens head on it so it's all good to me!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

green have you been asking in the mosque?where you been

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

hope it works out for you greenlad but iv no time for them these days . by them i mean anyone south of the dover straits

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Well then up yours too Boarcity!

You obviously forget, or just dont care, both I and my wife are from south of your 'Dover straits'

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

No Stevie, I don't ask there, they just come to me. :)

6. Roy

Roy Active Member

I think it doesn't matter where they come from, you always get the good and the bad the key is fishing out the good ones and keeping them and forgetting about the bad

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

doesnt matter wats on the outside guys we are all the same on the inside treat all others as your equals

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#8 boarcity, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
    where are you from then green? i had assumed you are a whitey

iv been warped like a length of untreated mahogany left out in the rain , warped by my bad experiences at the hands of the injun community . at one stage i tried my hardest to be the local windie who had a " big stash of injun" as customers - had over a dozen on board at one time - a frickin boatload - but they wore me to a point with their sneering /nitpicking .

if im honest i had only let them all up the gangplank so i could brag about it ,at family BBQs "if it wears a dress im on it, chortle chortle,,,,but you wont bleve how ungrateful they are ...here, pass me a sausage....theres this fooker from bangladesh ...."

then one day i had a meltdown and wiped the lot off the round,at this a big cheer "yesssSSS yaHEEEY "rose up from my workers! [including 1 lad whose likely a 1/4 injun ]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. norm

norm Grand Master

hey Green good to see ya back on :thumbsup:

10. cheapncheerful

yeh im trying to be pc but boar you do make cheapie chuckle...

not so much a problem around here yet but to be warned is good..:ninja: I mean:D fat fingers keep slipping..

Advertisement