Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp first clean where am I going wrong ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

:1f602:  That looks like one hell of an angry clean, reminds me of that video online of that guy in the shower trying to rinse the soap suds out of his hair while his mate keeps putting more shower gel on his head.  I can see that you're going insane   :1f602:

I have my settings high tho for precisely this type of thing. Can't be doing with worrying about if I've rinsed enough. 

My flow is 65 cal 80 and you can smash the windows out so much quicker. Takes no time to rinse a window with water turned up and fan jets. 
Higher flow level will rinse off better you think?I upgraded to 2 pole setup few weeks ago and I see spots with my new fella that started with me I have showed him how to do it and some are ok others awful maybe if I raise his flow from 45 to 65 you think that will help with a better finish,?

First thing I noticed is you're going back to the top after going along the bottom. Just start at the top and work down with simple up and down movements, finishing with a down movement. Your flow seemed good so all I can think of is your seals have still got soap in them or they're perished, or your water isn't pure. Where are the spots, top, bottom or everywhere. 

I don't think this will solve the problem but you're not properly getting into the top corners properly on both the brushing and the rinsing, try turning the brush on its edge and do little circles on the top corners, also try rinsing slower and follow the flow of water down the glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing I noticed is you're going back to the top after going along the bottom. Just start at the top and work down with simple up and down movements, finishing with a down movement. Your flow seemed good so all I can think of is your seals have still got soap in them or they're perished, or your water isn't pure. Where are the spots, top, bottom or everywhere. 
What do you mean with the brush on the glass or rinsing or the sills ? 

23 minutes ago, harry123 said:

3/4s of that work is unnecessary buy all means scrub the frames and rinse but 3-4 rinses is just wasting water and most importantly time,when your doing your final rinse make sure your level with the top of the glass you seem to be rinsing down ie from above aiming down,2-3 motions level with the glass then flow it down will definitely help your finish hope this helps?

I realise I’m overdoing it with the rinse but when I’ve asked for help most people have told me I need to rinse more so just trying to eliminate that as the problem

If you are getting spots it must be the water isn’t purified right, or it’s contaminated, if you are checking and TDS level is 0 then I ain’t got a clue...

One other thing, you say you have started on a really tight budget, well in my previous business I used to sell stuff via Ebay, there is tonnes of fake stuff sold on there and it's not the stuff you expect, anything from chains for bikes to cables for electrics is made as fakes and is not up to the job, they look the part but the quality is lacking and they are either dangerous or they fail.  If you have bought your TDS meter via Ebay then it's highly likely you have a fake one, it might be giving you false TDS readings.  

I bought my TDS meter via Gardiner, things as important as this should only be bought via a reputable source, some things are just not worth the risk for the sake of a few pounds. 

Some windows I find needs the top frame to stop dripping/running as the black rubber seal at the top makes streaks.

i have a handful of jobs where I don’t do the top frame on upstairs windows as this is the case. Then with the down stairs I wipe the top frame & black seal dry before rinsing the glass.

My own bedroom window always leaves a streak because the black seal is probably 15-20yrs old. And that window has been cleaned approximately 15-20 times thoroughly with the pole over the last 2 years.

One other thing, you say you have started on a really tight budget, well in my previous business I used to sell stuff via Ebay, there is tonnes of fake stuff sold on there and it's not the stuff you expect, anything from chains for bikes to cables for electrics is made as fakes and is not up to the job, they look the part but the quality is lacking and they are either dangerous or they fail.  If you have bought your TDS meter via Ebay then it's highly likely you have a fake one, it might be giving you false TDS readings.  

I bought my TDS meter via Gardiner, things as important as this should only be bought via a reputable source, some things are just not worth the risk for the sake of a few pounds. 
The TDS meter is from the Window Cleaning warehouse I’m quite confident it’s accurate as I’ve tested it from the tap, area be tested rain water and then my water after it’s been through RO, only other thing I can think of is I bought my 1000litre water tank second hand, gave it a good clean out first but if it’s contaminated with something else then maybe it could be that.

The TDS meter is from the Window Cleaning warehouse I’m quite confident it’s accurate as I’ve tested it from the tap, area be tested rain water and then my water after it’s been through RO, only other thing I can think of is I bought my 1000litre water tank second hand, gave it a good clean out first but if it’s contaminated with something else then maybe it could be that.

The easy way to check then would be to test the water coming out of the brush head, if that reads '0' then the water tank isn't the problem.  

Latest Posts

Back