Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp first clean where am I going wrong ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Extreme DuPont is a brilliant brush weights nothing . I do use a it couple a times a week as I have arthritis so swap between this and the 35cm to give my right side hand, elbow and shoulder a bit of a rest. 

Some windows I find needs the top frame to stop dripping/running as the black rubber seal at the top makes streaks.

i have a handful of jobs where I don’t do the top frame on upstairs windows as this is the case. Then with the down stairs I wipe the top frame & black seal dry before rinsing the glass.

My own bedroom window always leaves a streak because the black seal is probably 15-20yrs old. And that window has been cleaned approximately 15-20 times thoroughly with the pole over the last 2 years.
I would say this is on point.  if it was ur water not being pure than all the pains of the windows would have residue left all over. ur getting a dribble line coming from the top down right ? then waters getting under a seal and then slowly running down after and has become unpure by the grime under the seal.  let it all dry out and then wash without going near the top frame leave it dry an inch belew the edge of the frame. if ur water was unpure spatters would be all over. its got to be drip downs from water getting out somwhere. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say this is one point.  if it was ur water not being pure than all the pains of the windows would have residue left all over. ur getting a dribble line coming from the top down right ? then waters getting under a seal and then slowly running down after and has become unpure by the grime under the seal.  let it all dry out and then wash without going near the top frame leave it dry an inch belew the edge of the frame. if ur water was unpure spatters would be all over. its got to be drip downs from water getting out somwhere. 
Yeh that’s exactly what I do. I always do that window first. And I have one or two jobs where I re-rinse the pane 5-10 minutes later like a inch or two down, where you can see it’s ‘ran’ while the window is drying/dried.

On 17/06/2019 at 07:10, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Alright Green Pro. Quick question. Why have you got your brush at that angle? You just seem to be using top row of bristles and not the whole brush as you would if it was square on with the the glass. Looks to me if brush wants to go up a notch less of an angle. 

Alright Green Pro. Quick question. Why have you got your brush at that angle? You just seem to be using top row of bristles and not the whole brush as you would if it was square on with the the glass. Looks to me if brush wants to go up a notch less of an angle. 

That's the angle at which I get most coverage on the top windows, I never bother to change the angle between upstairs and down. Downstairs is easy enough to see what needs doing. I adjust it if I need to stretch over an extension or conservatory though. 

That's the angle at which I get most coverage on the top windows, I never bother to change the angle between upstairs and down. Downstairs is easy enough to see what needs doing. I adjust it if I need to stretch over an extension or conservatory though. 
I found it was much more comfortable to adjust it before cleaning downstairs. For the few seconds it takes its worth it for me.

Back