Wfp Pump / Battery Help Please

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Lukeey, Oct 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Lukeey

Lukeey Member

Hi there

The past month ive just done a new setup in a different van and have been having problems with the WFP Shurflo Water pump ever since.

Since using a new van, everything is setup the same, I will turn the pump on using the vari-flo controller, and the water isnt coming out of the pole at a good flowing level.
    if i turn on the pump on at 2 water will flow and pump stays on, but i need it on setting 4 to get enough water to flow to clean windows properly, but soon as i put it on that setting water pump shut off, or pump will turn on and off every 15 seconds.

The battery is fully charged,
    its a brand new 100psi shurflo pump
    the vari stream controller is brand new aswell.

i have a 100meter 6mm hose pipe. I have been told that possibly the pump isnt strong enough with the hose i have.
    if i disconnect the hose reel and just pump the water out from the pump water flows freely and fast but its as soon as i connect it to the hose reel where pressure is higher the pump does not like it and just wants to cut out.

appreciate if anyone has any ideas

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

Probably a bit of airlock. Happens to me all the time using barrels. What I do, is diconnect the hose as near the pump as possible, stick a bottle under it and turn it on full pelt, usually within half a liter -a liter it's fine. Plug in hose, turn pump back down, end.

3. Squeak and Bubbles

Yep, sounds like an air blockage.

4. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

It sounds as if not enough amps are getting to the pump when you increase the controller. Could be a connector or wire, if you have a meter to check the ampage you'll spot the problem straight away

5. Lukeey

Lukeey Member

thanks guys will do that

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

try the cal, if it is new

7. MajorClean

MajorClean Member

Mine does that sumtimes - just whack the pump onto 6 or 7 for a few seconds; that usually sorts it, or disconnect, pump at a higher no for a few secs till water belts out, then reconnect & turn back down to 4. Always works after that. Must be an airlock or summat. I get them after every tank refill

8. Lukeey

Lukeey Member

cheers ")

Advertisement