Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp versus traditional methods

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That sounds like a plan, to be honest my main concern is it is very competitive up here, and all the other window cleaners use traditional, at the back of my mind i just dont want to lose work to other guys, but it's worth a try, my customers are quite loyal so if they dont like it, i will do it trad so i dont lose them

yeh your right if it is easier doing trad thats gd plus could be easier you will find it so much better using both methods
I agree there mate, gets me away from the grind too and keeps the old mind ticking over with new ideas, that's the main thing

I clean trad and wfp!!!!!

It's totally down to the house in my opinion and 20years experience!!!

Was working on terraces over day and a window cleaner pulls at same time with his lad,we wip the ladders off my lad goes round back I go fronts,by the time they had got there hoses out and poles up we are moving on to next house,terraces usual have 1 window up one window down!!!anyway we do 4 to there 2,ladders on drive off there still packing away.

Commercial we always wfp specially on long runs off windows!!

Someone mentioned to say you get a better service wfp frames sills glass etc but that is coz u have to!!!

My traditional customers usually have there frames cleaned twice a year and I charge double

If I do a frame restoration for new customer using solvents and sealants I charge anywhere from 150 to ££££,and I'm sorry there is no way you can get them that clean using just a brush and pure h20!!!!!!

I've tried!!!!

Best methods have there good points and used right are effective but what I hate is some newbie wfp window cleaner slating traditional as they do when they carnt even use a squeegee or own a ladder

The honest truth is I've never lost a customer to wfp but probably picked up 50 or so houses over last couple year of wfp cleaners and me be able to both I'm winning!

So my advice do both methods assess the task and go from there don't set out with a one track mind

F**k that was long

I clean trad and wfp!!!!!It's totally down to the house in my opinion and 20years experience!!!

Was working on terraces over day and a window cleaner pulls at same time with his lad,we wip the ladders off my lad goes round back I go fronts,by the time they had got there hoses out and poles up we are moving on to next house,terraces usual have 1 window up one window down!!!anyway we do 4 to there 2,ladders on drive off there still packing away.

Someone mentioned to say you get a better service wfp frames sills glass etc but that is coz u have to!!!

My traditional customers usually have there frames cleaned twice a year and I charge double

If I do a frame restoration for new customer using solvents and sealants I charge anywhere from 150 to ££££,and I'm sorry there is no way you can get them that clean using just a brush and pure h20!!!!!!

I've tried!!!!

Best methods have there good points and used right are effective but what I hate is some newbie wfp window cleaner slating traditional as they do when they carnt even use a squeegee or own a ladder

The honest truth is I've never lost a customer to wfp but probably picked up 50 or so houses over last couple year of wfp cleaners and me be able to both I'm winning!

So my advice do both methods assess the task and go from there don't set out with a one track mind

F**k that was long

I would never tell my customers it does a better job coz I don't believe it does in my opinion. I don't understand people who do trad that don't clean frames. Again in my opinion frames are part of window cleaning. It only takes a wipe over.

I have heard with wfp that if you clean the top frame it can leak through the vents. I'm always wary of that. On the original question which was would it be quicker not better? I would say yeah probably is but as said depends on obstacles as mentioned.

I clean trad and wfp!!!!!It's totally down to the house in my opinion and 20years experience!!!

I've tried!!!!

F**k that was long
Another good one you squeegee haters like round my way is there not insured,ladders are banned lol total s**t

One wfp only guy said to me other week how do u get away with using ladders it's illegal lol ignorance so put him straight

Do you even no working at heights regulations?? No

Have you ever put together a risk assessment or scope of work??hey

Do you clean many contracts then? Not many lol,I reply we do me and my lads all have IPAF licences scissor and boom,mansafe harness and lanyard,fall,arrest training blah blah blah you get the pick then politly told him to do one!im polite usually but he had been goin round sayin to customers desperate for,work we wear breaking the law

To keep it short, couldn't agree more mate there is a time and place for everything, part of the reason i am dubious is a big area i picked up through canvassing, a lot of them asked specifically that i wasnt using the wfp, put obviously not all of them will have that view so it just about being adaptable to the situation, i cant use the wfp yet but i'm a quick learner, just another string to my bow, that's the way i see it. So much for keeping it short haha

I like that

Squeegee haters lol

Yer right about wfp newbies knocking tradders when they can't squeegee there self & a lot of wfpers do like to disrespect tradders & try to pick up work any way they can by slagging traders. I do both & have respect for both methods & users.

I would never tell my customers it does a better job coz I don't believe it does in my opinion. I don't understand people who do trad that don't clean frames. Again in my opinion frames are part of window cleaning. It only takes a wipe over.I have heard with wfp that if you clean the top frame it can leak through the vents. I'm always wary of that. On the original question which was would it be quicker not better? I would say yeah probably is but as said depends on obstacles as mentioned.
I no what your saying

I like thatSqueegee haters lol

Yer right about wfp newbies knocking tradders when they can't squeegee there self & a lot of wfpers do like to disrespect tradders & try to pick up work any way they can by slagging traders. I do both & have respect for both methods & users.

I got into a rant lolI'm not biased mate I use both
As far as i know, if you have guys working for you and you ask them to go up unreasonable heights and they fall, they have grounds to take you to the cleaners, thats about as much as i know, i dont go any higher than first floor on any buildings, that is high enough safety wise

I like thatSqueegee haters lol

Depends really if risk assessment in place and there aware of it which when working at height then no they carnt

We do a lot of first cleans for building and construction firms and before we even go on site have the same bloody boring induction!it covers them if we then injure ourselves there covered by that induction

Depends really if risk assessment in place and there aware of it which when working at height then no they carntWe do a lot of first cleans for building and construction firms and before we even go on site have the same bloody boring induction!it covers them if we then injure ourselves there covered by that induction
In that situation i get you, but i mean if i had guys working for me, it was something i read about working at height regulations a few years ago that stuck in my mind

As long as you give them the training and as business owner assess risks etc you are covered as with any job that involves certain risks as long as there employer has given them training of the equipment there using etc etc and not taking risks it's fine

Everybody be sueing there bosses lol

It is scary tho

I've always been trad but was considering going wfp a couple of years ago so i thought I'd guage my custys but the majority would not have it so i've just stayed trad.I do like the idea of cleaning gutters/soffits with the wfp method though. Seen some good diy trolley systems put together and wouldn't mind doing that as its probably inevitable I will be heading that way as I get older and the legs start to go.Ideally would like to do upstairs wfp and down trad but its whether i would lose some of my work. Spoke to a couple of windys who went wfp after being trad for a long time and said id could expect to lose quite a few customers

As long as you give them the training and as business owner assess risks etc you are covered as with any job that involves certain risks as long as there employer has given them training of the equipment there using etc etc and not taking risks it's fineEverybody be sueing there bosses lol

It is scary tho

Excellent lol, i'm the worlds worst about going on about safety, i drum it into them but + i want speed at the same time, that's why i've been called victor meldrew

I've always been trad but was considering going wfp a couple of years ago so i thought I'd guage my custys but the majority would not have it so i've just stayed trad.I do like the idea of cleaning gutters/soffits with the wfp method though. Seen some good diy trolley systems put together and wouldn't mind doing that as its probably inevitable I will be heading that way as I get older and the legs start to go.Ideally would like to do upstairs wfp and down trad but its whether i would lose some of my work. Spoke to a couple of windys who went wfp after being trad for a long time and said id could expect to lose quite a few customers

Back