Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp versus traditional methods

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'd put my frames against any wfp. I'm up close to the window so can see everything. I get cheesed off the wfp cleaners go on about frames & how they clean em better. Absolute rubbish.
Totally agree I did frame restoration few month back had lead trail marks all down the frames I use ever build solvent it's hard work then a sealer to buff and shine there is no possible way pure water could get that off!solvent works buy removing a thin layer of plastic leaving fresh plastic.

If pure water cleaned everything so good there would be no industry for cleaning products.next we will be cleaning toilets with it and the big companies will be selling pure water in spray bottles

I'm not biased I use both methods I'm just a realist

I really struggle with this mentality in window cleaning, perhaps it was the way I was originally trained, Do the windows, frames sills and doors. Not to do the frame is like washing the car and not bothering to do the wheels. We know that out of all the local window cleaners on our 'turf' we are the most expensive but we get the custom left and right because we do the whole job.

Yeah we also class that as PVC restoration Stevie and we start at £20 per frame up. When I say we do the frames sills ect that is removing all the surface **** and crud obviously not all the ingrained stuff. However once the customers have seen a quick demo of what PVC restoration can give them they usually book it in for the spring clean.

You are right as long as you abide by the laws and health and safety guidelines laid out you are pretty much covered. But should an employee want to try to sue that's what your liability insurances are for. By law if you have an employee you have to have employee liability insurance.

However if the job is so dodgy you are not willing to do it yourself you shouldn't have accepted the job in the first place and you are going to make an employee do something you wouldn't do well then you are just a pussy! (That last part is just my opinion)
You calling me a pussy lol

So I suppose we can sum it all up with, both methods are equally fantastic when carried by professional window cleaners like us./emoticons/wink.png

Think I touched a nerve. Lol

I'm 27 now, and I've cleaned windows since I left school. Started Trad and then went WFP. I use both every day. I know my window cleaning. /emoticons/smile.png

I was by no means having a go at trad.

I think you can have a better opinion when you do both though. A lot of trad v WFP comes from those that can't or won't do both.

You can get equally good results with trad and WFP but to get the frames squeaky clean with trad takes longer, and that's why majority of trad cleaners don't clean the frames thoroughly and every time. Especially white upvc doors with fancy patterns on them.

the mane windows that i find dont wfp as good is wood georgen sash when the paint is powery or ceacked i find no matter how mch i try i cant get them as good as blading them even doing the top row on 4 or 5 windows then repeting same on next row down ect if u no wat i mean, blady nte mare them tipes :mad:

or just be a sneaky wfp er like me....

although...I DO GET CAUGHT ...

I did one the other day and assumed he was out as he always has been...hes a farmer and they never retire.. so off a scrubbing I went..this job is done as a package with a block of flats and when I went to get my money she said oh I see you have some new technology....i just said as quick as you can about the slimy yellow flags all across the back and she agreed with me...and then I continued on to do hers wfp as well...but not the conny she was sat in....

I had wfp ed one the other day and I always clean the downstairs sills after as it takes seconds and saves my water just as the custy came in...so...I got out my blade and bladed the pure off the windows of the room she was in...I a sneaky wfper..../emoticons/biggrin.png

of course some houses have that :turd: glass...and they are not always worth the hard work to do em proper...

Back