Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP vs TRAD

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Please don't do that @Tuffers as most good window cleaners should be able to use both methods anyhow so i don't see the point banging on about WFP V TRAD /emoticons/biggrin.png

So has anyone managed to figure out which method is best yet? I'm waiting to find out which method won so I can make the switch. My life is in turmoil right now awaiting the result of this thread.

To be honest it all depends what type of work you want to take on to which method would be most suited to the job in hand.

Put it this way to be able to do both methods wfp can be a huge investment compared to trad even going down the diy route but was certainly worth it for me.

So has anyone managed to figure out which method is best yet? I'm waiting to find out which method won so I can make the switch. My life is in turmoil right now awaiting the result of this thread.

Both, close the thread.

I really hope everyone realised I was takin the pi$$ here.:sad:

at the end of the day....i want wfp to do my own back windows as i cant get my ladder round the back....and of course i will use it where ever i think its safer faster easier...i wouldn't buy it if i didn't think it would do the job....and of course i always follow what you lot say....you seem to all be doing somewhat better than me so i have to catch up...mind you i have been somewhat skiving for the last ten years..../emoticons/smile.png

Don't know if it's the "future" but one of my customers recently got new windows & after I had cleaned them while they were out the bloke anxiously asked if I had used soap on the glass, seems they have some sort of chemical(?) that helps retain heat. He was relieved to hear "no, just pure water".

Well, a lot of responses to that. I would like to say, though, that I am not against wfp, it's the operators I am complaining about. A lot of the new guys coming into window cleaning think of it as a doddle using wfp - money for old rope. Trad people move over to it because they can see the potential, if it's done right. And I'm all for improvement and efficiency etc. I know a few traddies that are quite useless - people tell me they are useless - and I say get rid of them, but they go Ah well... As for ladders, well I've been up and down ladders for forty years or more, I've fallen off twice, because I wasn't concentrating, but as long as you do it properly with safety in mind there is no danger.

So do you trad aswell as wfp @rugbywolf?
No Smurf I don't, probably too old now, although I was offered a van with full set-up about eight years ago, and I was tempted, but I'm quite happy doing trad, I find it very satisfying - I just can't get up and down the ladders as quick as I used too!!!

Fair enough...the ladder thing defo gets harder as you get older for sure /emoticons/wink.png

No Smurf I don't, probably too old now, although I was offered a van with full set-up about eight years ago, and I was tempted, but I'm quite happy doing trad, I find it very satisfying - I just can't get up and down the ladders as quick as I used too!!!

Latest Posts

Back