Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s expected of us on a pressure washing jobs?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

IWCC

Hey guys, I’m new to the pressure washing side, I’m just wondering how fussy you would be on a job. In terms of, if people have rust on tiles that doesn’t budge or if there was concrete stuck on grout that wouldn’t budge with the pressure washer, would you guys get on your hands and knees and try scrape this stuff out, or do ye just do a general clean of the grounds?

If there is rust you quote to remove it.
same for concrete - mortar snots - and any other oddities - point them out and make it clear it will either not come off or its x amount to clean and remove the offending items

Same as mortar in pavers - always check its solid and secure and defo not geo fix - any sign that the mortar will come out while pressure washing bring to the customers attention - its better to lose a job than the hassle of them thinking your going to re-point the patio FOC

As above. Anything stuck to the slabs should be noted. I tend not to say ‘oh plus £x for getting the rust off’ just tell them that every effort will be made to remove anything that’s not meant to be there and price it accordingly.

If you want to get involved in patio restoration then it’s worth quoting for that too. Removing the old mortar and replacing is very easy work, but messy and laborious. Does mean it’s good money though as materials are minimal in comparison to labour, and the results are like having a brand new patio for the client. The added bonus being that when you clean you can blast away and the more of the old stuff comes out the better. 👍

What’s expected is what you tell them you can do for the price you’re asking. If you don’t think you can get every little detail off tell them that before you start. Sometimes on these jobs people just want improvement rather than perfection

Hey guys, I’m new to the pressure washing side, I’m just wondering how fussy you would be on a job. In terms of, if people have rust on tiles that doesn’t budge or if there was concrete stuck on grout that wouldn’t budge with the pressure washer, would you guys get on your hands and knees and try scrape this stuff out, or do ye just do a general clean of the grounds?
Basically you need to tell the potential customer to manage their expectations

I've removed rust before using 80% white vinegar or muriatic acid muriatic but you need to remember your school chemistry lessons

Back