Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s the weather doing around you today?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Currently 6 Degrees here in Bournemouth, snow half gone, only getting down to 3 degrees tonight so should be all gone by tomorrow. Haven’t worked since doing 3hrs on Tuesday afternoon, considering doing my first ever Sunday tomorrow...? Is that too desperate..?
Nah mate get it done. If you can work during these wintery days, I'd go out at any point you can! Whether you 'need' the cash or not, your customers will be happy :) you'll prob pick up new customers too, everyone's home Sunday so people who haven't seen you before will come say hello and ask about your services (in my experience at least!)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

07cf6bcad3303f8a704182df094218cf.png

We had a bit of snow

Depends where you are my drive and roads are still icey we couldn’t work in this, main roads are fine but it’s about if that customer wants you on the drive on Monday or Tuesday

That's the issue, But you find these days neighbours aren't willing to get together and clear snow and ice from pathways roads outside their homes, that would make a massive difference but people will either struggle out on their roads or sit in the house and do nowt. 

My nephew got stuck in his car on a road yesterday near our house, so he rang us to go help him out and when we got to him their was a big guy stood looking out of his window watching but nephew had been their a few minutes trying his best to get out of snow.  :1f624:  

Nah mate get it done. If you can work during these wintery days, I'd go out at any point you can! Whether you 'need' the cash or not, your customers will be happy :) you'll prob pick up new customers too, everyone's home Sunday so people who haven't seen you before will come say hello and ask about your services (in my experience at least!)

Really? people are having a nice lay and a window cleaner starts clattering around in the morning unexpected. Cant see many being happy, they would be thinking wtf is he doing here on a sunday ive never seen that before.

I've been out to the van tonight to drain my pump/hose and put a duvet over everything as it is supposed to get to -1 tonight. Nothing too major I guess but still. Will most likely be putting the heater in the van tomorrow night tho as it's got to be colder hitting -2/-3's

All this talk of snow and I'm currently melting through 28c weather. Granted, my tolerance for heat isn't all that high. I'm kinda jealous.

All this talk of snow and I'm currently melting through 28c weather. Granted, my tolerance for heat isn't all that high. I'm kinda jealous.
Where abouts are you?

That will be the next thing we are moaning about of we get another heatwave. Anything over 25 and I'm struggling. 

Back