What dragged you to window cleaning ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, May 21, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

What wer u doing before ?

im only 21 years old so am happy ive started sel employed now am still young :)

I used to do a plastering course in college when i left school for 2 years but instead of learning i just messed around and i was the rebel in the classroom lol :|

but then i done a uniformed services course for 1 month hated it ! lol moved to I.T... and got kicked off the course so then i was just a delivery driver making average money... then i started part time work in a call centre....

Just been working part time for the past year.... always wanted to open my own business... i always had a conveniance store or takeaway in mind.... but it was to much money for me... and i couldnt afford it.... so i searched on google... business start up for under 10k and it said a load of things...... and i seen window cleaning... and then i seen the poles.. i was thinking poles ? wtf ? seen youtube videos on it... popped up on here..... and thought this is a fantastic idea :)

lol and now here i am ive been trading for 11 days izactly. and ive got 11/12 customers already :)

Once i hit 50 customers... im going to start doing a good promotion for window cleaning... something like refer a friend or something :)

Advertisement
  2. Masons

Masons Guru

Left school with not the grades I could have achieved from having a hard time from other kids in half my lessons and messing about in the classes which I didnt get beat up in so left school at 16 bought a round, not looked back.

Reforming my round after a bad year or so, but getting there.

Is all I know.

3. Paul

Paul Guest

I joined the army at 15-9month stayed there until I was 29 after serving in Bosnia, kosavo, NI, Iraq x3 and afghan 2 times had enougth of seeing bad things and missing my kids, got out got a job with a few windys then decided about 8 week go to go it alone and the rest is history.
    [hr]
    Also to add to that I was driving quarry trucks for a short time

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Worked as a DJ most of my life, professionally for over 20 years and just think it's time I hung up my headphones and got some fresh air. Still working a couple of ***hts a week to pay the bills and stuff but hoping to be able to quit within 2 yrs.

5. harunh

harunh Legend

sounds good :)

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Thats why I still do it mate but at almost 49 I really should be out of it soon, I can't be a 50 yr old ***htclub dj its just not cricket. Although some of the perks are good lol.

7. harunh

harunh Legend

lol woah, aslong as u enjoy it :) once u quit u will miss it.. U dont know wat u got til itz gone mate, and ul also feel old if u quit :) haha

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Nah I'm ready mate and enjoying being out in fresh air and up ladder, and ya as old as the woman ya feel they reckon and mines 30 so I feel like a spring chicken lol.

9. Paul

Paul Guest

Go dodger the stud lol

10. Moved from Glasgow to South Wales and batted between jobs for a while until a mate told me how much he could earn in a day as a windy. So bought a little combo and kitted it out on the cheap to start and canvassed like mad! Got a good little business now and first son on the way so building something for his future now!

Kev

Advertisement