Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Hotwater System?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I take some photos of the inside of my heat wave thermo 1 over the weekend, should be able to price up a diy version for a lot less than the dodgy gas one.

Basically it's a thermo top c webasto heater with a small heat exchanger.

I take some photos of the inside of my heat wave thermo 1 over the weekend, should be able to price up a diy version for a lot less than the dodgy gas one.

Basically it's a thermo top c webasto heater with a small heat exchanger.
cant see how you can say dodgy gas one though, theres nothing dodgy about them. they work they do the same job and a lot cheaper to set up than diesel one, a lot safer than someone telling to make you own diesel heater

the gas units are designed to be used like this, apart from we have a 100m shower hose fitted on instead of a 1m one.

with people not really knowing what they are doing, the gas heaters are the safest diy units you can get! easy to fit, easy to use,

took less than an 30mins to fit it all!!!

Hey JD I have also been considering going hot.. Have you seen arthers hot gas system? 899+ vat
I have mate. I was up with Arthur a few months ago, he was demonstrating it for me. Im waiting though until im ready to change my van, then ill be going hot. What system do you have at mo?

I have mate. I was up with Arthur a few months ago, he was demonstrating it for me. Im waiting though until im ready to change my van, then ill be going hot. What system do you have at mo?
I just have a 350lt di system I fitted myself.. I did just get a transit so will be getting a 650lt and a frame.. ( quoted £700 from Arthur including fitting )

I do think I will go for the l5 gas heater to go hot tho.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How about insurance company, have you told them about it along with water tank? How much extra on your premium do they add?

There is a reason diesel heaters cost more.

How about insurance company, have you told them about it along with water tank? How much extra on your premium do they add?

There is a reason diesel heaters cost more.
told the insurance comapny and nothing went up, all stayed the same! as long as i have the LPG sticker on the back they are fine with it! plus just renewed and the insurance has gone down this year!

plus the same with my mates van we fitted one into, he has a larger gas bottle and different insurance company and they said the same about the sticker on the back. didnt cost him more either.

guess you have the water boiler/heater certificate then/also safe gas installed?,this was pointed out to me by another window cleaner who used to be in the mobile catering game only he had a fair few vans on the go,by the jist of it the insurance don't care about the gas as long as you have a sticker installed then you comply with the law-not the insurance,until something goes wrong,can imagine them wriggling out of it now where is your certificate?,(was in the van when it caught afire!!!!!)

don't get me wrong i use lpg heaters and am in the process of going diesel for just the ease of it all,maybe a bit safer but can't imagine any insurance company wanting to know if it all goes pete tong,

take hotwash for example to truly comply with the insurance i guess the heater would have to be tested yearly and serviced too at that point to gain a certificate(i am only guessing about this)at god knows how much money-thats never gonna happen in reality-how many of us all have our gutter vacs and other electricals pat tested?,its all a risk no matter which route you go the insurance will always win

technically they dont need to be fitted by a gas safe engineer as they are classed as a portable appliance just like bbq's patio heaters etc,

mobile food vans are total diffrent as everything has to be hard plumbed into the van and gas pipes all over the van, these portable gas heaters connect straight to the gas bottle. otherwise you would need a new certificate on each new bottle of gas you have to change!

i will be getting mine serviced and checked out just for my peace of mind, as i said being classed as a portable unit it dosent need one.

with the thermo pure reach wash system it wouldnt be the insurance that would need the heater to be tested and serviced, it would be in the small print of the warranty to make sure that it is covered!!

Hi RC im getting about 90 too 110 hours out of a 19kg bottle, my Heater is nearly 3 years old now and still working well, previous owner had it for nearly 2 and half years, I had it checked over by a mate who is a gas engineer , he was well impressed with the quality of the Cointra, it wont kick in though unless flow is above 40 , but as im still new too this game I like too use plenty water on the glass too do a good job for my customers

Hi RC im getting about 90 too 110 hours out of a 19kg bottle, my Heater is nearly 3 years old now and still working well, previous owner had it for nearly 2 and half years, I had it checked over by a mate who is a gas engineer , he was well impressed with the quality of the Cointra, it wont kick in though unless flow is above 40 , but as im still new too this game I like too use plenty water on the glass too do a good job for my customers
thats not to bad then sounds a good little unit.

is there not a little screw on the water inlet that can be screwed in a little to work on low pressure water, My L5 was like that only kicked in on low pressure until i adjusted it with the screw, then it work down to 20psi now.

i see your point richard and have had my hands suitably slapped,if the heater was fixed would that become a fixture?i know its all a load of rubbish but just wondering
lol not slapped by me lol

not really as you have to fix it up safely to use it out camping or anything else so its just the same really, i think it would be different if it was plumb in with the refillable gas tanks that you can refill at the petrol stations, then it is more hard plumb in. but not 100% sure on that one.

but i think its wise to get them checked out anyway always better safe than sorry.

Back