Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What software to use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You can input the work on a laptop/computer if its easier. You add a customer, then add a job to that customer (inputting a start date and frequency).
You can sign up to Stripe and that takes credit card payments - you can email or text invoices (text need to be bought in squeegee to be automated but you can do them manually). You can also sign up to GoCardless - technically a direct debit but only requested when you do the job.
I have email addresses for virtually all my customers and at the end of a job I mark it as done and squeegee emails the invoice to customers with my bank detail, a Stripe (CC) link and GoCardless sign up links and also the approximate date of the next clean, so very easy once setup.

You can input the work on a laptop/computer if its easier. You add a customer, then add a job to that customer (inputting a start date and frequency).
You can sign up to Stripe and that takes credit card payments - you can email or text invoices (text need to be bought in squeegee to be automated but you can do them manually). You can also sign up to GoCardless - technically a direct debit but only requested when you do the job.
I have email addresses for virtually all my customers and at the end of a job I mark it as done and squeegee emails the invoice to customers with my bank detail, a Stripe (CC) link and GoCardless sign up links and also the approximate date of the next clean, so very easy once

I have email addresses for virtually all my customers and at the end of a job I mark it as done and squeegee emails the invoice to customers with my bank detail, a Stripe (CC) link and GoCardless sign up links and also the approximate date of the next clean, so very easy once setup.
So I don't need to buy a wireless card machine or anything it sounds so complicated

So I don't need to buy a wireless card machine or anything it sounds so complicated
You only need a wireless card machine unless you need to take a customer present card payment (SumUp reader is about £25).
Squeegee is powerful but the basics are fairly easy and Squeegee talked me through stuff in a one to one tutorial and always respond to emails within a few working hrs.

You only need a wireless card machine unless you need to take a customer present card payment (SumUp reader is about £25).
Squeegee is powerful but the basics are fairly easy and Squeegee talked me through stuff in a one to one tutorial and always respond to emails within a few working hrs.
Ok cheers and it's ok for multiple devices I was thinking phone and laptop and desktop

I’m using Cleaner planner from day one, I’m still new at my own business but have managed a large round myself and was using cleaner planner for that. I think it’s only £29 if you need to sync with GoCardless, which is also what I do. It’s so easy! Like others have said these softwares are brilliant for adding little notes etc.

Oh sorry so like if I cantbget access round the back ect or they rearrange that sort of thing
If you can't get access to the back and they are getting texts for access then just do the fronts at a reduced rate or charge them full price, I charge my forgetful ones full price, not I chance I'd be going back the another day

I’m using Cleaner planner from day one, I’m still new at my own business but have managed a large round myself and was using cleaner planner for that. I think it’s only £29 if you need to sync with GoCardless, which is also what I do. It’s so easy! Like others have said these softwares are brilliant for adding little notes etc.
Exactly....how some window cleaners are still using pen and paper in this day and age is quite frankly ridiculous.its much easier with round software and a hell of a lot more professional

I just use a Calendar app on my phone to keep track of my work, which I sign in to with my Google account. You can enter the customer's name, address (if you have Google Maps you can tap this to get directions), job frequency (4 weekly, 6 weekly, monthly, the third Thursday of every month, whatever you want), start and end time, and notes, where I enter the price of the job and any other info I may need for that job.

You can set a reminder for each job if you wish, e.g. one or two days before.

Regarding a route planner, I just make sure that all my work for the day is in the same area, then it's not hard to work out the best route.

If you can't get access to the back and they are getting texts for access then just do the fronts at a reduced rate or charge them full price, I charge my forgetful ones full price, not I chance I'd be going back the another day
Exactly. If they are having the driveway power washed or something else that means we can't clean the windows, the job gets done next time. When we first started, I found that postponing jobs to be done later just messed the round schedule up, and it ended up being wasted days running around trying to accommodate customer 'demands.'

It just seems that nobody considers our window cleaning schedule when they are booking other work in that needs doing such as painting the decking, power washing, etc. We seem to be at the bottom end of the pecking order in a customer's mind.

It just seems that nobody considers our window cleaning schedule when they are booking other work in that needs doing such as painting the decking, power washing, etc. We seem to be at the bottom end of the pecking order in a customer's mind.
Simply because once given the job the majority forget about us, whereas the jobs you mention are once a year max and need to be scheduled

George is out it partnered with Aworka.

This is a monthly cloud based app with a subscription fee, either go down the excel spreadsheet route or bite the bullet and go with something that is updated and maintained.

George is out it partnered with Aworka.

This is a monthly cloud based app with a subscription fee, either go down the excel spreadsheet route or bite the bullet and go with something that is updated and maintained.
I do like the simplicity of aworka I find squeegee and cleaner planner far too complicated

Exactly. If they are having the driveway power washed or something else that means we can't clean the windows, the job gets done next time. When we first started, I found that postponing jobs to be done later just messed the round schedule up, and it ended up being wasted days running around trying to accommodate customer 'demands.'

It's just one of those things that happens, if a customer requests for me to call back another day if I am only a few streets away I have no issue in calling back if it's not doable I let them know why I can't some just ask me to skip the clean and apologise for me not being able to clean the windows usually this works out fine as it can be when I am behind schedule due to the weather, but most of my customers are happy for me to just to clean what windows I can and charge accordingly.

I do like the simplicity of aworka I find squeegee and cleaner planner far too complicated
I used to like the simplicity of Aworka when I used it years ago CP isn't that complicated at all and now Squeegee has tutorial videos which they never had years ago, I'll be moving across to Squeegee in the near future as CP hasn't had any improvements for years and is light years behind.

I used to like the simplicity of Aworka when I used it years ago CP isn't that complicated at all and now Squeegee has tutorial videos which they never had years ago, I'll be moving across to Squeegee in the near future as CP hasn't had any improvements for years and is light years behind.
I use CP at £15 a month.it does everything i need it to do with ease.i don't get why some people think it needs updating.

Running a window cleaning business is simple but some people overcomplicate it.everything was thought about with cleaner planner before it was brought to the market so no updating is needed IMO.its so simple and effortless to use.

Back