Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What software to use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James102

I have a small round but I cant be arsed to keep re weighting customers in every month is there any programs that do it automatically 4 weeks 6 weeks 8 weeks 12 weeks ect I don't really want to pay a lot if anything due to it only being a small round

I have a small round but I cant be arsed to keep re weighting customers in every month is there any programs that do it automatically 4 weeks 6 weeks 8 weeks 12 weeks ect I don't really want to pay a lot if anything due to it only being a small round
Just have the boxes pre populated and print it off

Excel and print off worklists or access them via cloud on your phone. Easy. Google Docs is free if you don't have excel

Cleaner planner £15 per month.best software for me and has been for many years.very simple to organise my part time round (323 jobs).highly recommended ?

I use Squeegee myself. Plans start at £19 a month. I would highly recommend it! Made my life so much easier.

Does it do can you adjust how regular it is and I'm probably expecting a miracle but does it do routes ect

Yes you can set a number of week to repeat.
It does do routing but may not be the best but it's not bad.
I think you can get a 30 day free trial.

There is also a load of training stuff within the app or via https://www.udemy.com/ - I think it's free.
Brill so for routes would another app be better for that? And basically all I want is to add or remove jobs put as 4 or 6 weeks and it automatically comes up 6 weeks later tick odd who's paid or who wasn't in so it goes onto the next days work ect

Brill so for routes would another app be better for that? And basically all I want is to add or remove jobs put as 4 or 6 weeks and it automatically comes up 6 weeks later tick odd who's paid or who wasn't in so it goes onto the next days work ect
Right ok.

1. You can set the frequency for each individual job. I use do it by month, others do it by week. You can set this.
2. Yes it can do routes and it will attempt to optimise them for you. However, route optimisation is actually an extremely difficult maths problem. I watched a video on it. I’ll link it when I find it. Basically, don’t expert any app to be that good at routes.
3. When you mark a job as ‘done’ you can either select ‘done’ or ‘done & paid’. There are other options but let’s keep it simple for now. Then, if a customer wasn’t in, next time you go round it will show the balance of what is already outstanding. Then if you do the job it will then add that onto the outstanding balance.
4. I don’t know what you mean by ‘who wasn’t in so it goes onto the next days work’. Do you mean rescheduling jobs? Do you not clean if the person isn’t home?

Right ok.

1. You can set the frequency for each individual job. I use do it by month, others do it by week. You can set this.
2. Yes it can do routes and it will attempt to optimise them for you. However, route optimisation is actually an extremely difficult maths problem. I watched a video on it. I’ll link it when I find it. Basically, don’t expert any app to be that good at routes.
3. When you mark a job as ‘done’ you can either select ‘done’ or ‘done & paid’. There are other options but let’s keep it simple for now. Then, if a customer wasn’t in, next time you go round it will show the balance of what is already outstanding. Then if you do the job it will then add that onto the outstanding balance.
4. I don’t know what you mean by ‘who wasn’t in so it goes onto the next days work’. Do you mean rescheduling jobs? Do you not clean if the person isn’t home?
Oh sorry so like if I cantbget access round the back ect or they rearrange that sort of thing

Right ok.

Found it! 3mins in

Yes you can reschedule the job and pick to either move it once but keep it in place for future or update it going forward to the new date.
Ok well along as it automatically shows what work I have each month on date needed and I don't have to retype I don't care because just constantly writing it in the dairy is horrible. Will it always have the addresses and prices if you lost or damaged the device it was a saved on?

Ok well along as it automatically shows what work I have each month on date needed and I don't have to retype I don't care because just constantly writing it in the dairy is horrible. Will it always have the addresses and prices if you lost or damaged the device it was a saved on?
Yes it will do that. Obviously you need to input the data first but then it’s in there, yes.

And yes! It uses cloud backup & sync. This means you can log in from a new device and keep going. I had to do this a couple of years ago when I broke my phone. You can even use it in a browser so if the phone doesn’t have the app you can still access the data. It’s probably the most important feature. Too many lads still only keep paper records with no backups. If something was to happen, like having their van stolen or their house was to go up in flames, they’d have an extremely hard time putting their records back together. I know I couldn’t remember every job I do!

Yes it will do that. Obviously you need to input the data first but then it’s in there, yes.

And yes! It uses cloud backup & sync. This means you can log in from a new device and keep going. I had to do this a couple of years ago when I broke my phone. You can even use it in a browser so if the phone doesn’t have the app you can still access the data. It’s probably the most important feature. Too many lads still only keep paper records with no backups. If something was to happen, like having their van stolen or their house was to go up in flames, they’d have an extremely hard time putting their records back together. I know I couldn’t remember every job I do!
Perfect one quick question actually 3
So when I imput all the work I haven't got it very organised it's just dairy and addresses if I accidentally add the same address twice would add it or notify me it's already added

Second question what would be best way to input the work do I do as I go until it has all the work I think would take months to do or can I go back dates and input everything?

Payments so card payments or online how would I know if they have paid ect can they pay by card do I need a machine or do I need an app?

I really appreciate the info I'm so sorry for all the questions

Back